The bass that you DIDN'T sell....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deynn, Nov 9, 2000.

1. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    There's an old baseball saying saying that goes.."the best trades...are the ones that you DIDN'T make."
    Were you ever going to sell a bass, but changed your mind..
    and was GLAD afterwards that you didn't sell it? AND..wonder
    what in the world you were thinking in the first place?...:)
  2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I owned a lot of bass in my life. But there is one I know for sure i will never sell. It's my four string sadowsky. I'm looking for another good five string and a good fretless. I wish i will fall in love with those, like i fell for my sadowsky. I don't know what i will buy yet though.
  3. For me it has to be my old active 18-volt Status Graphite headless. (No. 130)
    Although it doesn't get taken to gigs much these days, there seems to be just something special about it.
    I don't think I would ever sell it, although it came pretty close a few years ago when nearly everything had to go.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im glad you made the right decision!!
  5. One of my basses that did have to go during that difficult period was a Pedulla MVP, that I sold to a friend.
    After missing it badly for over five years I managed to buy it back a couple of months ago. :D
  6. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    LOL, great topic! I got really close recently to trading my old 1975 Fender Precision in. But I just couldn't part with it, despite the fact that I havent used the thing since 1988. It was my first bass and has sentimental value to me even if it does suck.
  7. A couple of years ago when buying a house I put up a bunch of stuff to raise some money, I sold several with no regrets and am glad I was able to keep a '77 Gibson G3 that is a real player and a cool bass.
  8. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    It's my Epiphone Embassy bass. I've had it for 19 years now. It's my baby. At one point, I was ready to hang it up , and get rid of everything. I even put it up for sale. The one time I can say thanks to Flynn Guitars in Chicago for goofing up the deal (lost the phone number of the one guy who made an offer). It's back in the house, and it's here to stay.