THE bass....THE bass....THE bass!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, May 5, 2002.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I just got my new R Bass!! Super-light-weight alder body, mind-blowing amboyna burl top, birdseye board, HazLab preamp, Jazz nut width, Bartolini 9W4js....
    This bass has the fastest string response, punchiest tone, and most deadly low buzz free action I've ever played!! This bass not only competes with, but outplays and has better response than my Fodera OR! I have absolutely no affiliation with the company, but Ray Rogers is a BRILLIANT luthier!!
    Does anyone else here own an R Bass, or have played one? I know they look alot like Foderas, but have you either heard or played one?:)
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    The 'New Bass - New Pics' rule is in effect!
  3. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Ug. Me no have digital still sending smoke signals....
    I'd post if I could, but it's gorgeous!!! My LAST bass, as well!!!
    Have you had any experience with these? When I search in Talkbass under "R Bass", anything that has the letter R in it with the word bass after it comes up, like "FendeR Bass", etc. I wish I could find the thread!
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'd like to see it too.
  5. :D Check out this website for info on Ray Rogers and his basses:
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wow. R basses are pretty nice! I wanna see yours Jacochops!
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You may already know this, or not, but Ray has worked with Vinnie Fodera and Carl Thompson. That's probably where he learned his luthier skills.
  8. Do you have a scanner. If so use a regular camera and scan it, or even have the film developed to a cd. There is always a way.

Or else you will have to reap the punishment for breaking the no picture law with new bass's. From the almighty JT.:D
  9. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    But have we seen any pictures of his updated bass family yet? No!! :mad:
  10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Uh-oh. Now you've gone and done it!!:eek:
  11. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I've seen that website on The Low End. I met Brian B. at NAMM this incredibly nice gentleman!
    My R Bass shares the same top as the Amboyna Burl singlecut 5 string...they're cousins, per se! The tops came from the same board. If I can find someone with a digital camera, I'll get it up (pardon the's been "up" ever since I got it!!)!;)
    I love my Fodera, but the R has it beat!! The price was right, too! Elrick, Ray Rogers, Karl Hoyt, and a few others do all the work by themselves (no shop help), and it shows...they all produce consistently great instruments! There are other great ones as well: Conklin, Roscoe, Ken many choices, but only 2 hands!!!:p