The Bass Whammy on Ebay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Oct 23, 2002.

1. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca

I'm sure some of you have been keeping a close eye on this one. Are bass whammys really worth this much? That's how much the original whammys sell for and from what i hear they are much better than all the whammys that followed it. And what's up with all the bids by skinny_36? do i smell a shill? i'm kind of wary of this auction.

2. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    The Bass Whammy is not worth that much. The original Whammy pedal is worth that much. The difference between the two is immense.
  3. benevan

May 2, 2002
    That is F@#$%&* crazy!! $460+ with 6 hours to go! It's likely to go up to $500 in the last 5 minutes, the way ebay works. I bought mine off ebay about 6 months ago for more than I probably should have, but this thing is at twice what I paid. Almost as bad as Lovetone prices. Now I'm thinking I have a good investment. Anybody want to make me an offer...

Thing is, it's not really that fantastic. It tracks well, even low on the E and the tone of the pitch shift and harmony is great, albeit digital but the mix cannot be adjusted (set at 50%) and the bypass is not good (adds a bit of noise to the signal chain).
  4. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    yeah, i don't quite understand this auction myself.

i would take a lovetone over a bass whammy anyday! you should sell your whammy and get a ps3 + expression pedal and a couple of moogerfoogers.