The basses of my dreams....oh sweet life!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dragen, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    Check out Personally, I think the guy's a genius. The way he made those basses look is the way I pictured my "Final Bass", the one that will mark the end of my quest for a better bass.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Those look very nice, but have you seen a Jerzy Drozd? That's what I consider a "dream bass".
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    oh my god i'm becomin' out of the trend. i'm no more a modern bass-dreamer guy!
    my dream bass is
    gibson T-bird or
    rickenbacker 4001
    or maybe that old jazz bass...
    but if you like drodz basses, keep this italian maker on sight...

4. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
  5. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I finally saw and played a Roscoe! The man is a master craftsman who also makes a pretty darn good bass. The most beautiful finishes I've ever seen on a bass or any other piece of wood. Plus the sound was a little beefier than my Lakland, if not as diverse. Gonna get one!
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Man, ugliest headstocks I've ever seen!
  7. polo3378

Nov 21, 2000
    For me, it is the Fender Precision Bass, like the one that Roger Waters is using in Live at Pompeii. I just love that large plate that goes over the pickups! Either that or that large bass John Entwistle uses during the performance of Won't Get Fooled again and Baba O'Riley on the Kids are Alright documentary
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    you are not so wrong oysterman the headstock is similar to a heart... the previous laurus bass was much better in was headless! but I think the body is interesting, or not? the fretlees one sound really good.

bye marco
  9. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I just want to say that I still love my Fender Jazz Bass and will do so until they nail my coffin shut, and probably beyond. I'm sure you understand (it's my first bass).
  10. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I know, I love my Jazz bass too, but I still want to have every bass in the world! :)

Yes Marco, the body shape is groovy, too bad the headstock is such a turn-off.