The Bassist for Earshot

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jun 8, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Saw them live last night. the bassist,,, was, a COMPLETE idiot. people say I wear MY bass to low? heck, mines at my knee's, but at least it doesnt hinder my playing. This guy was all hunched over, looking like he was in agony because he couldnt reach the d string. And what he was playing wasent all that great anyway. I mean, this adds to the fact that i hate them even more, stupid litle "Mini-Maynerd".... come on, that voice is a strait rip off of tools' maynerd. The song would be good, if it were not for the load of bullcrap. Anyone else see this bassist? is it me? Or was he just stupid? Out of all the good bassists i nthe world, they got this guy. And i'm not dissing low strap wearers, i'm one of them, but dang, even i saw the ridiculesness of his playing...
  2. JBDammit

Nov 24, 2001
    Athens, Alabama
    I am going to see them Thursday night and I will be looking for all of this now. And here I thought this was going to be something good about him.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey, belive me, their guitarists are not half bad, the drummer is alright, but the bassist,,, oh my god. i wish i could say something good about him. I mean, ive found a place in my heart for feildy and mark hoppus (No Stupid Comments please.) and this guy just ticks the heck out of me. Tell me if it's just me. PLEASE.
  4. The bassist for Sugarcult does the same thing, It doesn't really annoy me that much, though it is kinda stupid when they let it get in the way of their technique and musical ability. I used to wear mine really low, but then I compromised. Frankly, I think wearing it low is an art, that can only be correctly practiced by a few choice individuals, such as Dee Dee Ramone, Mass Giorgini, Mark Hoppus, and Roger from LTJ
  5. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    this band would be good if they weren't trying so insanely hard to rip off TOOL... the vocals, the instrumentation, the artwork, they're trying SO hard but they just aren't there... i have never seen one band so shamelessly rip off another band in my whole life

i kinda like them, but i feel dirty about it since they're so crushingly unoriginal
  6. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Also, has anyone heard any of their songs? His tone is AWFUL.

That is all...I agree with them being a rip off of Tool..oh well, it sells, doesn't it? Thats all that matters to record execs.