Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the bassist known as flea

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Aenema, Aug 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    everyone bashes this guy all the time and i dont see why. hes not the most skilled bassist in the world but good lord he rocks out on stage and is a very inspirational bassist. hes an excellent rock and funk bassist believe it or not. rock isnt about playin some fancy bass line. its about rockin out and puttin on a good show. playin what you feel. flea slams around on heavy parts and puts emotion into the melodic parts. sorry if i hurt any jazz players feelings.

2. yes...you are correct....

the thing is, these kinds of topics (flea topics) get started all the time, so people get sick of them...please, try to refer to previous posts...

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i have no problem with flea, i think he is great at what he does, but i have a problem with the fans that think he is the greatest bass player ever.

4. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Yeah what PoT said. His bass solo is hard to not play after you learn it, I always find myself playing that.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Too many threads like this, not enough content. You know what'll happen.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.