The Bassists of South Park

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Timbo, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I was just watching South Park, and they start a band... Kyle and Tolken ( little black dude ) play the bass... Such a funney episode.. I think it's entitled Cartman starts a christian rock band.. Well Just felt like sharing that.
  2. I saw that episode. "Oh I love you *crosses out word* Jesus,....."
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Cartman: "Token, go get your bass guitar!"
    Token: "I don't have a bass guitar."
    Cartman: "Token, your family is black! You have to have a bass guitar in the basement!"

Token: "Cartman, I can't play bass."
    Cartman: "Token, you're black. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY BASS!"
    *Token plays bass for first time, and plays amazing slap funk line*
    Token: "Ah dammit"
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's actually closer to this:

"Now give me a smooth bassline."
    "I don't know how to play bass!"
    "Look, Tolken, how many times to I have to tell you: you're black, you know how to play bass."
    "I'm getting sick of your stereotypes!"
    "Be as sick as you g****** want, now give me a smooth bassline you black a******"
    *Plays bass*
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Love that episode. :D
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, my former roommate, who fronts a crappy Christian rock band didn't think it was too funny.

But he refused to see Hellboy because it had "hell" in the title. You may begin to see why he is my former roommate.
  7. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Well, screw him for not being able to laugh at himself or the situation.

...and now for something completely retarded:

Did you have any indication that he was a wackjob before you moved in with him, or did you not have a choice?
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No. By all acounts, he was fairly normal when I moved in with him, and then went completely nutbar. I'd like to think I drove him to it, but I don't think I'm that good.

9. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Maybe you just have some sort of innate talent that you haven't fully realized.

Things like that are why I'm staying home until I can afford to live by myself. At the very least, I'm waiting until the one person in the entire world that I can stand to live with is back in town (he returns in October) and then we'll discuss living arrangements. There is only one person, so far, that I've found that appreciates all the same things in a home that I do. Namely silence and space and the importance of each.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Most people just call it my personality.
  11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  12. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
  13. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i just saw this episode last week! OMG! i couldn't stop laughing!!! i told my little lady about it last night (we were watching some SP) and she thought it was funny too!

i want that episode on DVD!
  14. I used to be in a christian band and I thought that episode was hilarious, as I do most south park episodes. :hyper:
  15. "Oh you didn't know? Christian albums cannot sell platinum"
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The irony deepens. Because while he thought that assailed his christian beliefs, he certainly had no problem with premarital relations, regularly with his girlfriend.

...but the roommate is another story altogether. It's actually sort of entertaining really.
  17. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    "Well you can go double murr."

18. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Faith + 1

Loved that episode.