The Bastard Executioner

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pica, Nov 28, 2015.

1. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Just wondering if anybody else is watching this show on FX. Season 1 just ended and I'm hooked. Kind of found it by accident one night flipping channels.

It takes place during the Middle Ages and is the story of a man named Wilkin who belongs to a band of rebels and he assumes the identity of a village executioner after the real one is killed to save his own life. I don't want to give anymore away. Almost all the cast are unknowns but it does star a much older Katy Segal from Married with Children.

2. It's already cancelled.

3. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    No way

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Kurt Sutter canceled it himself when it didn't gain traction like his eponymous SOA did. Not enough people watching, and he was stretched too thin, so he took his axe, swung it like a man, and the rest is history. I rather liked it, as well. For something similar, try DaVinci's Demons...same kind of Machiavellian plots and twists, but takes place in Italy- with English accents, no less!

5. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie The winged monkeys showed up

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
    I will miss it.

6. JFOC

JFOC

Oct 23, 2010
    new hampShire
    Davincis demons was also cancelled this year. I watched the first two seasons, have yet to catch the third.

I watched the pilot of TBE but couldn't get into it. Katey Segal sounded like she was doing a bad count chocula accent. No one else had an accent, made it especially jarring.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021