The Beatles vocal on a song???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nicklas, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Nicklas

Mar 15, 2003
    My favorit vocal from the beatles are from the Song Ticket To Ride..................Johan and Paul really show how great Rock and Roll singers they really was and still are(Paul).

I really think that no band ever can copy those two vocies as the blend togheter so well.
  2. uh... what?
  3. country_boy

Apr 13, 2004
    Houghton, MI
    Wow, I really hope that you're kidding here.
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Moved to recordings.
  5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Oh it was a silly joke - but the thread is in the right forum now so I'm editing/ deleting my silly joke posts...

Steering back on track -

My favorite Beatles song is probably Come Together. I love the vocals in that - it's not the tone that is outstanding but the rythm - and I quite enjoy the use of nonsense lyrics.
  6. "This Boy" and "Words of Love" are two of the best vocal harmonies between John and Paul, in my opinion...

7. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yeah, I'll buy that. "Because" is nice too.
  8. Erm I didn't know Lennon was a closet German. ;)

I'll second This Boy (which was actually John, Paul and George) and its knockoff from the next year, Yes It Is (the flip side to the Help! single).

If I Fell still gives me goosebumps. If you listen hard you can tell John from Paul, but the two voices together still mesh so well.

Also I'm partial to I've Got A Feeling, in which Paul sings one tune, then John sings a different tune over the same chords, and then the two tunes get superimposed on each other at the end. (Off topic, but kind of on topic: The Monkees had done that trick a couple of years earlier in Randy Scouse Git, which Mickey Dolenz wrote after partying with: The Beatles.)
  9. Golden slumbers fill your eyes, SmIlEs AWait you when you rise.

That line there sends chills up my spine everytime, i love the way he croons , then growls out that line.
  10. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK

Yeah, Yes It Is is a really nice song, although for me, the tuning on the vocals is somewhat dodgy at times, unfortunately - which is why I didn't mention it.

Oh and although I really hate to be a pedant, I think Yes It Is was actually the B-side to Ticket To Ride (if memory serves, I'm Down was the B-side to Help!).

I'll agree with you there, If I Fell is great.
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Vocally, "If I Fell" is my favorite Beatle song.

Other favorites:

Mr. Moonlight
    I don't want to spoil the party
    That bit that leads to the la-la section of Hey Jude gives me goosebumps every time.
  12. supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Ever heard the acapella mix of the vocals on "Because" (Anthology 3)? It will melt your brain.
  13. After thinking about it for a few, the vocals are cool, but the song is so wretchedly bad. :eek:
  14. You're quite correct on both counts.

This is what you all have to look forward to when you get to be my age.

Of course at my precise age I have special insight into Life, The Univese, And Everything.
  15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It's all in the delivery. ;)