The Behringer bass Vamp's are in!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassdr, May 22, 2003.

1. I just got an e-mail from that the Behringer Vamp for bass is in stock.

I ordered one and will post soon what it's like.
  2. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    I just got the same e-mail notice today. Unfortunately, after my trial and rejection of the Vamp for guitar, I've given up hope that the VampBass will be thrilling.

In fact, that experience turned me away from digital technology once again and all I seek is analog equipment now.
  3. Bump.

BassDR, please let the board know what you think about it once you got it. I'm curious about soundclips.

Damn, I think it's time that Line 6 releases a new product for the bassists around.
  4. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Write a review as fast as possible...I think I might want one.;)
  5. OK, here's the first test drive.

Sounds are really nice and clean, a few that I really like, some that I don't (big surprise), I don't find it intuitive to use. The Johnson J-station that I have and use mainly for guitar is really simple, dial in your number and go, the Vamp so far requires a little more. The tuner section is OK. The effects section so far is the strong suit. I really love the sound of the chorus, flanger, ultrabass, auto-wah and P-funk.

If I can figure out how to use it I'll definitely recommend it. Let me get back to everyone in a couple of days. I haven't found it as simple as plug in and go as with other units.

So far: Cleaner and more usable than a Pandora or a Zoom pedal both of which I find too noisy, more flexible than a J-station, and stacks up really well to a Bass Pod ($350 vs. $139).
  6. OK, figured out what was wrong.

Some of the presets were silent and the whole unit just didn't seem to be calling up the presets right so I did what the manual calls the "restore factory settings". Now it works perfectly.

Lots of nice sounds and pretty quiet. Well worth the minimal cost and a real bonus is the acoustic, electric and keyboard presets for those of us who play other stuff and record in our home studios.
  7. Hello, I'm new here!

Any thoughts on how the Bass V-Amp compares to the DigiTech BP200 (or even the BP50)? My primary use for this sort of device would be as a headphone amp and practice tool. I'm also thinking about taking advantage of the amp/cab sims (and compression!!!) and plugging into a PA for rehearsals.

Anybody have an idea how the Behringer stacks up against the DigiTechs based on the above?
  8. How's the synth sound?
  9. 'Come On.

Let's get a decent review here.

It's your big chance to actually contribute.
  10. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    I wonder how would it compare against Boss GT6B...I'll be getting either V-Amp or GT6B.
  11. Herkimer

Dec 10, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I have the GT6B and I'm dying to know how the V-amp compares!
  12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think anyone needs a contest for that.
    The GT6B will obviously be far superior on all points.
    We're talking Boss against Behringer here. :)
  13. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Merci beaucoup, Jazzy.:D
    Thanks for your help; I got 5 for the project work (5 matches the A mark in the U.S.).:cool:
  14. ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I have a GT6B, but I'm seriously considering getting a bass v-amp. The GT6B only has 6 bass amp models,(yes I know, how many amp does one really need) whereas the v-amp has 16 bass models. I also play the guitar, so the guitar models will be very useful. I have played the guitar through the GT6B, but can't get a convincing smooth lead sound from the bass amp models combined with the stompbox overdrive models. You really need a dedicated high gain guitar amp model to achieve this.

Against the GT6B, I'd also add that I hate having to dive down on the floor to change parameters, and have leads running everywhere (nasty wall wart). i'd much rather have had a rack unit, with a passive floor controller. Like the Pod pro, but I couldn't jusity the cost of that, and it ddn't do what I wanted it to. The V-amp pro just might have fulfilled the createria.
  15. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    I went ahead and ordered one. It should be here today! I would love to say that I was doing it as a service to you all, but I wanted to try it out. I'll let you know what I find!
  16. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Well, I got it and have messed with it some. In short I like it and I'll probably sell my chorus pedal, tuner and eq pedal. I may hang on to my sans amp as a nice DI and as a backup.

I'll post more later. I do not have enough information to do an adequate job.

I did get a MIDI cable and connected it to my computer. I do recommend that! You can edit much easier with the software from Behringer and adjust some parameters that are not available on the hadware.
  17. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Well, how does the presets sound? Any other comments?
  18. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Some of them are realy cool, and some are really cheezy. I would say the amp models are very good! I dialed in an SVT sound, and I really like it! There is a model called jazz that is very clean, that I like. There is another that is called bottom end that has a ton of bass. You can dial up some different tones with Sub-bass bass mid w/ shift treble and presence. You can also add distortion, but I have noticed some amp models do not allow extra distortion very well. I don't get it, but you just have to play with it. I am trying to get some of my favorite sounds so that I can use it. My main will b the SVT without effects. I tweaked and found the Bottom end amp with some chorus for a fat dreamy monster wall of sound.
  19. How does this Bass-Vamp compare to the Korg Bass Pandora? Better? Worse?

I've got a Pandora and like it for its compactness.