1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Featured The Bergantino HG312: 3-12” Sealed design, 3-12” Neodymium Magnet Woofers

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Nov 1, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    WHITINSVILLE, MA – October 31, 2019– Bergantino Audio Systems introduces the newest addition to its Holographic (HG) series, the HG312. Weighing in at only 49 pounds, it is the new “heavyweight” contender for bass musicians.

With its huge,balanced tone, the new HG312 sits perfectly amidst its brethren in the lineup. The sweet, never harsh sounding highs, coupled with a smooth, balanced midrange and low end,deliver a big cab performance in a light and small footprint package. This cabinet performs well above its size and weight. The rear firing 12” speaker provides a sonically charged heavyweight blanket of bass that has to be experienced first-hand. If you are a gigging bassist looking for a true “one cab solution”, look no further. The HG312 is a workhorse with a canvas that can cover any genre of music.

Proprietary woofers, with neodymium magnets, are used for the low frequency section of the HG series along with a High-Intelligibility Compression Driver mated to a Constant Directivity Horn to ensure consistent coverage from the lowest to highest notes.

The HG312 will easily compete with any backline cabinet. Itis truly an all-out assault on your senses. If you want to produce top level bass tone and FEEL it as well, the HG312 is your solution.

Shipping will begin November 1, 2019. Specs Include:
    • Woofer: 3-12” Neodymium Magnet Woofers (one in the rear to create a 3- dimensional sound field)
    • Tweeter: High Intelligibility Compression Driver w/ Constant Directivity Horn
    • Cabinet Design: Sealed
    • Cabinet Material: Lightweight Italian Poplar w/Baltic Birch Baffle
    • Cabinet Covering: Black Bronco Tolex
    • Impedance: 5.3-ohms
    • Power Handling: 750 W RMS
    • Crossover: Custom Phase-Coherent Crossover w/ Tweeter Control
    • Frequency Response: 42hZ – 15KhZ
    • Sensitivity: 101 db @ 2.83v /1-meter
    • Dimensions: 31” H x 18 1/2 ”W x 15”D
    • Weight: 49 lbs.
    • Street Price: $1599.00

Bergantino Audio Systems is dedicated to building the highest quality audio products and bass guitar amplification systems since 2001. It has received numerous accolades within the industry and is a leader in new approach and design.

HG312.

HG312Back.

For more information: www.bergantino.com

2. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Looks purty potent!! :thumbsup:

3. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    The price is too high and the third 12'' speaker on back side doesn't seem right.

Gabbs, edencab and Obese Chess like this.
  4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

5.3 ohms?! :confused:

5. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    I was guessing this config would be next. I bet it’s fabulous.

Tom Bomb and Sosa like this.
  6. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I don't get it. Why a third speaker on the back?

7. Tim Skaggs

Tim Skaggs

Sep 28, 2002
    So you can get the "sonically charged heavyweight blanket of bass".....

ThePez, Rezdog, JeroB666 and 3 others like this.
  8. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I'd give one a spin. Bergs are awesome

9. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Price is relative and I trust Jim Bergantino on the latter. It is good to have opinions though!

10. Jesuguru

Jesuguru Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2003
    DC area (for now)
    I could understand it not "looking" nice to you (though most people don't look at the backs of their cabs), but how can it not "seem" right, especially if you haven't heard it?

I look forward to hearing it myself anyway. If it performs well, it could join (or replace) my Barefaced BT.

Admiral Akbar, DrMole, MDBass and 2 others like this.
  11. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    If the pay for musicians kept pace with changes everywhere else we could probably all afford a $1600 dollar speaker cabinet but sadly most gigs still pay $100. Factor in rehearsal and personal practice, insurance, travel etc and the math gets even worse for musicians. At least Jims products deliver at a level that those with the cash expect and keeps them in the brand, which is to his credit.

Flog and MegaSwing like this.
  12. MVE

MVE

Aug 8, 2010
    Bergantino doesn’t seem to be too interested in building what “seems right.” I think they are pointed more toward engineering at the edge of what seems might possibly be better than what everyone else is already building, regardless of how much it costs.

13. klokker

klokker

Jan 7, 2009
    Steele City, NE
    A Mesa Subway 2x15 is $1,599. So a 3x12 at the same price is a wad of cash, but it's not "out of line". Sure like to try one out.

14. BeefPie84

BeefPie84

Mar 29, 2019
    As usual, another cabinet maker doesn't get the design practical enough. I'm all for the bass blanket of sound and perhaps it performs in that manner but honestly why do you need such deep inset handles on each side for a 49 pound cab? Why isn't there perhaps two smaller handles on the top of the cabinet on each side and perhaps one in the middle? Or make the cab something I can reel in the rest of my rig on in one trip by adding heavy duty casters? Honestly we know these things really help bass players, but in this case only the weight seems to matter... and for us guys with bad backs 49 lb is still decent enough to cause discomfort.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  15. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Cape Cod
    They already have rear firing speakers in the HG 310 and 410, so this design aspect is not brand new to Bergantino. I have had situations where the drummer can’t hear me as well as he/she would like, where this would be very welcome. I suppose there is a chance that it could cause phase cancellation in certain situations, but it shouldn’t be crippling since the rear firing is outnumbered by the front. Especially in a sealed design.

MDBass likes this.
  16. Yes, when three 16 ohm speakers are wired in parallel

5StringPocket and SactoBass like this.
  17. Yes... I will vote with my dollar (not buy it)

18. SactoBass

Yes, that I know. What I find surprising is Jim's choice to go with three 16-ohm drivers rather than having Eminence build drivers that, when three are wired in parallel, result in a more industry standard cab impedance such as 8 or 4. Jim always specs custom-designed drivers from Eminence anyway for all of his cabs, so why not spec a custom impedance as part of the custom spec?

19. Personally, I see nothing wrong with 5.3 ohms.

Imagine if Mr. B. built this cabinet with 11" drivers - I see nothing wrong with that either...

20. SactoBass

I'm not saying it's "wrong." It just seems odd, considering that most amps on the market are designed to drive 4 or 8 ohms speaker loads. It's more a "curiosity" thing.