Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The best bassist (not double bassist) of all time?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by snap_off, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :bassist: Your views, please. :bassist:

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Joey Arkenstat, everybody knows that.

Thread can be closed now.

5. IM SO SICK OF ****ING "WHOS THE BEST BASS PLAYER, TEHEHEHEHEE" EVERYONE STOP MAKEING THEM, THERE ARE ALREADY 10000000000 OTHER THREADS EXACTLY LIKE THIS, WANNA KNOW WHO WE THINK IS THE BEST??~?? LOOK ON THERE, ^_^ i love you.

6. Good grief! How many times have we had this pointless topic?
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "BEST" BASSPLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!!

7. LoreBard

LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    Canada
    I agree...there isn't any best.

However, I believe it was Jaco, but I must stress to each their own

What may be best to me maybe be worst to you.

8. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I think we can all agree that Hulk Hogan is the best bassist in the world the sheer fact that he could smash a bass with he's pinkying makes he the best. Who cares if someone can slap 128th notes at a tempo of 300. The guy is huge!

:D :D :D

9. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    les claypool is my opinion on best bassist

10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    If you are going to stress something, highlight it, make it stand out, and make sure that people notice it, why not at least say it correctly.
    To each his own.

11. LoreBard

LoreBard

Sep 2, 2002
    Canada
    ...I did.
    I put it under bold and italic.

12. MARK HOPPUS MAN!!!!

but really people stop making this thread. Who cares who is the best bassist. Dont worry about how much better other people can play, worry about your own playing. And it just leads to fights and flaming anyway.

13. Best, as in, most technically proficient? Best groove? Crazy slappin' n tappin' all over the place?

I like Victor Wooten because he can do all that crazy slappitty tappitty solo stuff and not make it sound as wankery as others, but I know he can also keep the grove and sound great in the pocket (flecktones). However, i dont think he's the best bass player. Maybe Jamerson or Jaco.I dont know, nevermind.

14. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga

hmmm......contradiction?

15. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    There is already a similar thread in the FAQ titled "Most Talented Bassist" Best/Most Talented IMO are kind of one in the same. Please consult to the thread in the FAQ on this topic.

Much Love

Mama Cass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.