The Best Bassist ( Rob Derhak )

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FenderJazzBass, Apr 9, 2001.

1. FenderJazzBass

FenderJazzBass Guest

Apr 8, 2001
    Rob Derhak the bassist of the band moe. and probably the fastest slap bassist in the world!!! I've seen him live and one word comes to mind WOW!.If your not familiar with moe. you should be if you want to here some amazing slap bass licks pick up any of their cd's. Dither is the newest one just released this year (If you don't like "Jam" bands then you will not like moe.) but you still should check it out just for the bass in it:)
  2. b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    hey FenderJazzBass, have you ever heard of Victor Wooten? download some of his music. peace
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm having more and more deja vu's when I visit the Bassists forum...[​IMG]

Don't take me too seriously - welcome to Talkbass BTW, make sure you fill out your profile ;)
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Because if you can slap real fast, you must be the best. :rolleyes:
  5. Yeah, isn't that what it's all about? I mean if you can't slap fast you must suck as a bass player....
    :rolleyes: :D
  6. I certainly wouldn't say Rob is the fastest slap bass player around, nor the best player, nor does playing fast make you a good player, but he does contribute greatly in his band, moe. he is usually the person who keeps moe.'s jams from being pointless noodling and makes them progress. He also is a predominant song writer and singer. Overall, he's definately not the BEST player- but is a very good player in the jamming environment he is in.