Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The best cable for making your own

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by natrab, Apr 7, 2004.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm currently on a quest for the perfect guitar cable. I'm currently using Mogami 2524 and while it works well, it's not quit flexible enough for use with my bass (I keep getting tangled up in it). The best feeling cable I've had is the "Road Hog" by Rapco. It is a thick, extremely flexible and rubbery cable that seems to not have any pre-disposition to angle one way (if you guys follow me). I have never had a tangle with those Rapco cables, however I have no idea where I can just buy it in bulk and do my own connectors.

I currently have samples of the Canare GS-6 and the Redco audio standard cable and both are not too flexible as well. There has got to be a place to buy MonsterCable type cable in bulk.

Help me out!

2. I have also had good experiences with the Rapco cables with the neutrik jacks.

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Just wondering, you know of a place to order bulk rapco cable? It's on their site but I don't think you can direct order from them.

4. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Thanks for the tips. I'm searching for the right cable myself. As far as all patch cords in my rack I use George Lows. Nice sound and easy to make.
    fo

5. I would think that any music store that is a Rapco dealer could order the bulk cable for you.