Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Best Deal On The Net For An Amp??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by martybernal, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Ok. so I have decided on the Eden DC210XLT for what I believe is one of the best combo amps out there. Where is the best deal now??? Internet? Music Store? Who has the best price you have found? Thanks. Marty B.

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Go to Eden. Click on dealers. Email as many as you can. Ask how much to my zip code. Wait 2 days for responses & it will be obvious who really needs & wants your buisness. The one's that get right back to you are the ones you probably want to deal with.

3. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
  4. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I have said it many times. Buy your gear locally from a store that has a liberal return policy (guitar center is 30 days, for example). Then if you dont like it or its defective, you simply take it back for a refund or replacement. Buying online looks good on paper, but I have had more than one bad experience and avoid doing it if possible.

A google search results in many online stores selling that amp. FYI - Many of these shops, such as Music123, are not "brick & mortar" stores and dont actually wherehouse any inventory. They drop ship items direct from the manufactuer or distributor. The item never touches their hands so you may end up with a defective piece of gear that had been setting on a back shelf collecting dust. Then its your responsibility to deal with getting it repaired or replaced and you may even get stuck paying return shipping.

http://www.google.com/search?source...rls=GWYA,GWYA:2005-41,GWYA:en&q=Eden+DC210XLT

But I do find the online shops to be a valuble source for checking prices. The local music shops usually have a pretty high mark up and often will price match to make the sale on a high dollar item.

5. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Good points-I always try to support locally first (Guitar Center is far from local though).

If you do buy online and it is defective, the big shops will pay for your return shipping in my experience.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Else, I check with GC first. They carry much more than what's in the store. Ask the clerk.

Note: I found out from J Raj that some of them will sell Orange amps if there's no small dealer nearby. GC and Orange. Whowouldathunk? Definitely ask about Eden.

7. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Even if they do, you have to spend extra time dealing with the problem, phone calls, emails, waiting for the new item to arrive, etc, when you could have just gone back to the local store and swapped it out immediately. And I forgot to mention the nightmares when the shipping company does something like shear a magnet off a speaker by dropping the box flat from 20 feet so theres no visable shipping damage. The time I have wasted dealing with these mishaps makes any "really sweet deal" look less appetizing to me. Many people have bought many items online with no problems. I am not so fortunate. YMMV