The best Essex bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scheper30, May 13, 2005.

1. scheper30

May 13, 2005
    I'm new here and I've been thinking about getting a bass and Im looking for a good beginner one. I have a guitar that I play but I'm not that good and I'm looking to get a bass because my friends and I started a band (were all beginners so were all kind of learning together) we have a drummer, and now 3 guitarists (including me) and no bassist so I am going to get a bass.
    We havent really picked a type of music to play (rock, metal, blues ....) but we all listen to Blink 182, Greenday and bands like that so we'll probably be playing that kind of music.

So anyway my question is:
    Whats the best Essex bass over all for rock music or just in general?

I picked Essex because so many people recomend them and they are in my price range. I did a search for the best Essex and Essex in general but didnt really come up with anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:bassist: Rock On :bassist:
  2. [ NG:E ] Asuka

[ NG:E ] Asuka

Apr 8, 2005
    "Best" is subjective...

I could say *MY* Favorite is the P/J bass... Get that and toss in some new parts and it is VERY good for the price. Even stock its not bad.
  3. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I like the QMD-62, but I want to try the Ash ones...
  4. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    I would say get one of the short scales.
  5. 90k

May 3, 2005
    I would suggest getting a carvin kit and assembling it yourself or with help.

The experience alone will be worth a thousand basses, not to mention you could end up with one hell of a player.