The best humbucker made, tell me

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ThePaste, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Well, not just ANY MM style humbucker. When I get enough money for a custom bass, I just want a volume control on the bass. I don't like having to readjust the tone control every time I accidentaly nudge it, so I am just skipping that stage altogether and just using the tone from the bass and preamp. Anyways, does anyone know a pickup that doesn't work with a tone control?
  2. Any pickup can be wired without a tone knob. When you have them installed just tell the guy to hardwire the tone knob wide open. Shouldn't be a problem for a competent tech. I have a buddy who does it with the EMG on all his basses.
  3. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    You need to call Larry Pollack at Aero Instrument Pickups...The guy makes totaly awesome custom pickups. I am getting some custom made right now for my Zon. They are dual coil and they ready now and I just sent off my bass. I have played the pickups that I am getting on a Fodera bass....they make custom pickups for fodera also. Talk about tone, this is the pickup of all pickups. the fodera had a preamp bypass switch on it. When I switched it the sound and tone blew me away. I have never hear pickups sound this great. Without the preamp the bass still had the low end and high end from the pickups....totaly clear and not much of a passive sound to them, kind of in the middle of passive and active sound. The output was also amazing. Try them out if you can I was amazed my them and I know you will be to if you get the chance.
  4. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany

Low end : Lots of balls !
    Mids : Growly
    Highs: Crisp and clean.

All I want..

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Use the search function

6. ACK! Yah got me in the leg! Agghh I'm bleeding all over!