The best humbucker made, tell me

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ThePaste, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Well, not just ANY MM style humbucker. When I get enough money for a custom bass, I just want a volume control on the bass. I don't like having to readjust the tone control every time I accidentaly nudge it, so I am just skipping that stage altogether and just using the tone from the bass and preamp. Anyways, does anyone know a pickup that doesn't work with a tone control?

2. Any pickup can be wired without a tone knob. When you have them installed just tell the guy to hardwire the tone knob wide open. Shouldn't be a problem for a competent tech. I have a buddy who does it with the EMG on all his basses.

3. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    You need to call Larry Pollack at Aero Instrument Pickups...The guy makes totaly awesome custom pickups. I am getting some custom made right now for my Zon. They are dual coil and they ready now and I just sent off my bass. I have played the pickups that I am getting on a Fodera bass....they make custom pickups for fodera also. Talk about tone, this is the pickup of all pickups. the fodera had a preamp bypass switch on it. When I switched it the sound and tone blew me away. I have never hear pickups sound this great. Without the preamp the bass still had the low end and high end from the pickups....totaly clear and not much of a passive sound to them, kind of in the middle of passive and active sound. The output was also amazing. Try them out if you can I was amazed my them and I know you will be to if you get the chance.

www.aeroinstrument.com

4. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    ROUGH CHRYSTAL...

Low end : Lots of balls !
    Mids : Growly
    Highs: Crisp and clean.

All I want..

David

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Use the search function

sorry;)

6. ACK! Yah got me in the leg! Agghh I'm bleeding all over!