Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the best laugh tracks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Jun 2, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    There was one on Cheers, where they were talking about Rebecca's elbow. Some guy in the audience started cracking up, and it was the funniest thing I ever heard. He couldn't stop laughing, he was cackling all through the next several scenes. Does anyone appreciate this kind of "production" in a movie or TV show?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Cheers was filmed in front of a live studio audience, so it was probably the real thing you were hearing.

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Another classic was the "I Love Lucy" episode with the chocolates.... when they were on the production line, trying to keep up with the conveyor belt... that was excellent! :)

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Picked up Seinfeld Season 4...with the "Notes About Nothing" activated, they will sometimes prep you for-
    "Listen after George's comment to hear Jerry laughing off camera".
    ...another time, you can hear Jason Alexander losing it after Jerry sez something about not wanting to look up a girl's nostrils(The Implant episode).