1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The best live OM footage I've seen yet

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Deluge Of Sound, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
  2. So damn awesome. Thanks for posting this.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Awesome kick ass stuff deluge! Thanks.

Al's playing style is very hypnotic to watch. I also never noticed how much he uses hammer on's and pull-off's. Does anybody know weather he uses flats or roundwound strings?

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Nevermind. Great close ups during the second movement.

What happened to the green sparkle Ricky though?

5. thats really cool! good find!

6. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    AFAIK that was a Sleep only piece of gear. I'd be willing to wager that he's still got it, but since OM don't play in C tuning he doesn't use it.

Maybe he'll bust it out for the Sleep reunion? :hyper:

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I thought that was only a one or two concert run? I would love to see them though.

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Oh, and there are a bunch of good concert clips on that site. I just finished a good earth set, and I'm currently watching some melvins. :D

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    They're playing the two shows at All Tomorrow's Parties. But they're also releasing it on DVD, so we'll be able to savor the goodness.

And yeah, the Amoeba site is pretty rocking. I'm staying away from the Melvins set, though, since I'm seeing them on the 16th. :hyper:

10. Duncorama

Duncorama

Nov 7, 2007
    Good stuff!
    I was really let when i saw them last Halloween, i really don't like how busy the drums are now, completely takes away from the point of the band.
    I can't WAIT to see Sleep at minehead in a couple of weeks, i would wager that he'll break out the green ricky for that one!

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    That would be spaztacular!