Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The best part of NAMM...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Yes, NAMM was awesome. But it was not playing the $45000 guitar. It wasn't seeing Paul Stanley through the crowd. It wasn't talking to Boosty Collins (though that was damn cool) It wasn't the Bass Bash, or any of the other stuff. It was getting this autograph:

[​IMG]

Yes, I got the autograph of Jim Marshall himself, and acutally got to talk to him for a few minutes. ME!! Small little me who just happens to sell amps that have his name on them. I was starstruck to say the least. Sweaty palms, shaking, not knowing what to say, man was it cool!!:D I know he won't remember me, I was just another face in the line, but I sure as hell will remember him. Very cool.:D

Rock on
    Eric

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  3. Sorry. He's just cooler than you are.:D

Rock on
    Eric

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    he doesn't even play bass, dude! :(

you've got some screwed up priorities, my friend. now if it was fieldy, then, that's a different story. :D

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Jim Marshall ROCKS!

6. A friend of mine had the same reactions when he met Floyd Rose.

"OMG I just met the guy that made my bridge!"

How exciting...:rolleyes:

Though that new Floyd Rose bridge does kick ass.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmm
    I used to not care too much for marshall..
    Until i bought one.. The best amp ive ever heard, well for a solid state!
    Jeebus khist!!!!
    Jim is one of my idols!
    If I could only make an amp with lush , thick, velvety overdrive.... I WOULD BE GOD!
    hmmm.. well Ill say this, i ab'ed my 30 watt marshall with a 50 watt fender, all i can say is.. i think ill take the marshall.. its a bit louder actually, I dont know why or how, but it is and it rocks my socks to high heaven.