1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Best Price You've Seen or Recieved For a Used Stingray 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Poon, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    What's the best price that you guys have seen for a Stingray-5. I'm not really thinking of buying one right now, but if an incredible deal that was the right color combination and condition came along, I'd get one. I used to have a 4-string stingray and I sold mine for $900. I think I could get a Stingray-5 Used for less than that, but I'm not quite sure. I just miss having a bright punchy bass like a stingray. Let me know the best prices that you have ever seen a 5-string stingray go for.

2. I've seen SR5s for $750. You just have to look hard.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've seen them as low as $800. I'd have pulled the trigger on that but it wasn't the finish/neck wood I was looking for.

4. DeadPoet

DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Belgium
    I bought both my 'ray5-s ('91 fretless, '94 rosewood natural fretted) for about $1,250 used, but a friend of mine bought his for $750 used (must be early nineties, has a batt. cavity with screws)

Will be hard to find 'em at that price though.

Herwig

5. I got a year-old mint condition SR5 for $800 last winter. A very good price.:bassist:

6. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I bought one about a year or two ago locally for $525 and sold it for $875 plus shipping. That was pretty cool.

7. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    I just sold mine for $750.

8. If you can find one for $750, jump on it! Up to $850 is a good deal.