Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Best Price You've Seen or Recieved For a Used Stingray 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Poon, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    What's the best price that you guys have seen for a Stingray-5. I'm not really thinking of buying one right now, but if an incredible deal that was the right color combination and condition came along, I'd get one. I used to have a 4-string stingray and I sold mine for $900. I think I could get a Stingray-5 Used for less than that, but I'm not quite sure. I just miss having a bright punchy bass like a stingray. Let me know the best prices that you have ever seen a 5-string stingray go for.

2. I've seen SR5s for $750. You just have to look hard.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I've seen them as low as $800. I'd have pulled the trigger on that but it wasn't the finish/neck wood I was looking for.

4. DeadPoet

DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Belgium
    I bought both my 'ray5-s ('91 fretless, '94 rosewood natural fretted) for about $1,250 used, but a friend of mine bought his for $750 used (must be early nineties, has a batt. cavity with screws)

Will be hard to find 'em at that price though.

Herwig

5. I got a year-old mint condition SR5 for $800 last winter. A very good price.:bassist:

6. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I bought one about a year or two ago locally for $525 and sold it for $875 plus shipping. That was pretty cool.

7. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    I just sold mine for $750.

8. If you can find one for $750, jump on it! Up to $850 is a good deal.