1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The best quote Ive seen on a bas Forum

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Makatak, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    " MIM Fenders are made by Mexicans in Mexico.

MIA Fenders are made by Mexicans in California."

Probably true too :)

2. It is unfortunate how true that statement is.

3. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    Why? Mexicans are nice.

4. Yeah, I'm borderline offended by this thread. I'm not Mexican but my adopted daughter is half Mexican. Have you ever seen a Mexican worker roof or frame a house on a hot day? They are very hard workers and good at what they do! So why shouldn't they be able to build quality instruments? I suppose you want to use the argument that companies like Fender don't pay well enough for American workers to want those jobs? Well that may be true but that is on the company and the Americans who choose not to take those jobs!

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    This is not going to go well.

6. Never heard that before

7. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    To be fair the quote can just be taken to mean 'It doesn't matter where it's made, it's the same thing, so the MIM / MIA distinction is a bit silly' (and I assume BioWeapon and the OP take it that way too, I was only kidding).

As long as the fact Mexicans are involved is not taken as a negative, we're all good...

8. Itzayana

Itzayana

Aug 15, 2012
    Oakland Ca
    I am over the boarder line offended. I am a Mexican. Actually I am an American since Mexico is also in North America.
    Does the statement imply that Mexicans are only skilled enough to pick fruit, mow lawns and wash dishes?
    Who the F### does that person think he or she is?

9. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Wow, this should be paired up with the "homosexual in the band" thread......

What's next, dissing on black folks?

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hey come on now, anything goes as long as you can get a funny.

:rollno:

11. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I don't see anything derogatory in the statement. Why are people wanting to construe this as an offensive statement?

12. NooN3000

NooN3000

Feb 22, 2013
    The best one I've seen is "I play bass, not treble." I just love that one.

13. GigJones

GigJones

Jun 10, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    The best quotation I’ve read on TalkBass is: “Practice won’t make you perfect but at least you won’t suck.”

14. topo morto

topo morto

Mar 22, 2010
    Lloegyr
    "I broke my G string fingering A minor"

15. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Yes thank you, I by no way meant anything derogatory by that statement, even though it is a quote not made by me, it wouldnt matter who was building it, the point being people get passionate about " American built ' fenders when in fact they could be built by anybody.

16. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    They`re are obviously skilled enough to build bloody good Basses too, something more than most of us can do. Maybe the original person who wrote the quote should have written " non Fender factory trained workers " ?

17. Maybe they should have said that MIM Fenders are made in America and MIA Fenders are made in America, just up the street.

And I'm damn proud (and glad) that we have Mexico as a neighbor.

18. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    Fixed that for you. Best part the machines don't feel discriminated for being called out as a machine.
    Filthy robots.

19. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    ;)The japanese build better Fenders than anybody in America or Mexico so I guess I should be offended.

20. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    :rollno: