The Best Radiohead Record??

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 4stringthing, Oct 24, 2002.

1. 4stringthing

May 10, 2001
    What is the best Radiohead record in your guys' opinon? I already got "OK Computer" and I want to get another one. Which cd is their most melodic?
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    The most melodic would IMO be The Bends. It's a softer, poppier album than the others, leaving more room for melody.

The best? I can never decide on that. Kid A is too "far out" for me, though.
  4. relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    you guys, come on, amnesiac is their best! well anyway for an old prog fan like me it is the one i can really relate too. i think it has a timeless, mysterious sound.
  5. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    After Ok Computer, I would say The Bends is the most melodic offering.

Kid A is by far my favorite though, that disc gets a lot of play with me.
  6. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Kid A is my favorite, but I like them all
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My favorites are Kid A and OK Computer.

brad cook
  8. OK Computer is the best Radiohead record, but you may want to get The Bends if you want more melody.
  9. Deffinetley get Kid A. That and OK computer are deffinetley their best work IMO. Kid A has so many good songs and just works real well as an album. It is also their most adventurous in terms of the creativity and musicianship.
  10. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Actually, if you can't get them all get the live one w/material from Kid A and Amnesiac: "I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings"

It's great, but I'd get all their full length albums and anything else you can get your hands on.
  11. 1) Kid A
    2) OK Computer
    3) Amnesiac

I'm not too fond of their first two albums, not "strange" enough, I guess. :D
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was personally a bit dissappointed with this as a live album.

brad cook
  13. OK Computer is incredible, but i actually think i enjoy Amnesiac the most.
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    this is sooo hard
    I love radiohead so much
    check it.
    for a while "Amnesiac" was it for me, I loved it so much listened to it all the time, then I started listening to "kid A" again, and I liked that, then I started listening to "the bends" alot and I liked that.....they are all very good.
    but a general trend is
    if you want radiohead thats more alt. rock styled check out "the bends", and if you want more abstruse electronic experimentation check out "Kid A" into "Amnesiac".

that said: "I might be wrong Live recordings" is my favorite :D
  15. I haven't heard Amnesiac yet, but out of the others, I like OK Computer best.
  16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    the "Spinning Plates" live version is good enough to buy the album just for that song... the rest is OK/GREAT i guess (needed more songs)
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    that and the fact its the first album to have "true love waits on it"...thats been a song they've played at concerts for a very long time.
    coincedentally the only time I've ever seen radiohead(at the hollywood bowl two summers ago) is the version of "true love waits" that appears on the live album.