The best standard precision basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pesticle, Apr 27, 2002.

1. What is your guys favorite standard basses p basses ? What brand makes the best standar p basses, , etc
    you know (insert random brand here) standards are your favorite)
  2. Fender is pretty much the only one I'd say. They're like the originals so I'd go with that :cool: . Hope that helps.
  3. i figured fender would be mentions
    but what about the ibanez's, and yamaha's in the same price range
    or about the more expencive brands.. which one do you guys like (i like warwicks) :p
  4. I like the Yamaha, Squier, and Fender P basses. I've never played any Ibanez that I really liked.

The Washburn XB100 isn't bad, either.

Jackson has a PJ model thats pretty good. Beefcake the Mighty played one on the current GWAR tour.

Some of the American B.C. Rich basses have dual Precision pickups. Only the American ones are worth getting. Don't waste your money on the foreign ones, IME they require pick up upgrades to sound decent.
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I like my '82, personally ;) , but if I were to get one today I'd probably get the G&L.
  6. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I kick myself at least once a week (usually at band practice :D) for having sold mine. It was one of those things - I paid so little for it I figured it was crap.. didn't realize how good it was til I went shopping to replace it :mad:
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No personal experience, but this one might be up there.

10. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    don't forget Lulls and Sadowskies, people seem to love them.
  11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    honestly i am waiting for the skyline versions of the Glaub and Osborn basses. laklands are untouchables here in italy and even the skyline are more pricey than a MIA fender... but these 2 models have a great appeal on me...
  12. tjoTim

Apr 30, 2002
    Ohio, U.S.A
    Absolute favorite and best without regard for cost - IMHO - is probably Sadowsky. When it comes to bang for the buck, the MIA Fender Precision Bass can be an excellent value when you buy a good one used.
  13. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Whichever one you THINK is the best one. :D
  14. pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    fender...fender...fender...there what everyone else has copied