Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the best synth pedal for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by die_Heavies, Sep 20, 2004.

1. die_Heavies

die_Heavies

May 19, 2003
    i just realized that the Akai SB1 Deep Impact is discontinued, and i'm really saddened by this. all i've heard is good things about this pedal and i really wanted to get my hands on one. well since i probably won't now, i wonder what you guys think is the best synth pedal for the bass.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my deep impact pedal

:D

check out ebay

:)

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, the digitech has some cool ham fisted sounds. tracks well too! and it's cheap.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yeah, the Digitech synth wah has some of synth sounds. It's great value for money.

But unfortunately, I'll still say the best bass synth pedal is the Akai Deep Impact. No, you can't have mine ;)

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'll say the Korg G5- then the deep impact.
    (Korg G5 even harder to get hold of than a deep impact- mine was about to die so I traded it... ...muses what might have been.) :crying:

6. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Here you go. It used to be mine but I couldn't find a place for it in my clasic rock band. Prastheparadox is a good guy to deal with, too.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144389

7. anastasio24

anastasio24

May 24, 2003
    Maryland
    You can also try http://www.theplanetofsound.co.uk/product.asp?dept%5Fid=84&sku=2557&tld=0

I have dealt with them and everything went fine. The only problem is that you will have to find an adapter. The adapter they ship will not work in the US. However, there are a ton of adapters that work with the SB1 without issue.

8. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have heard that the sounds of the Electro-Harmonix Bass Microsynth are wonderful and it tracks great...but it is a little on the delicate side and there are no presets because it is analog and utilizes sliders.