Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Best Tapping I Have Ever Seen (Acoustic Guitar)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If you like that, check out michael hedges and kaki king(no relation to justin)

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Yes that is fantastic piece of work and the true beauty is that he's not shredding he's playing nice coherent melodic piece and not simply loads of fast crap.

3. yeah, justin king is pretty much the man when it comes to tapping...also check out his Larrivee guitar video...that is pretty cool :)

4. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I dunno, I thought it was a little busy. Still, I like it a lot more than shredders.

But my preference when it comes to acoustic virtuosos is Michael Hedges. Justin King is cool and all, but Michael Hedges is the main influence of all these new acoustic tap and slappers. Aerial Boundries is a pretty sweet album.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It had more depth than shredding, but it was hardly a coherent melodic piece. It was a rhythmic and harmonic piece if anything.

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Verrry nice. I love it.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    That was very cool, if you like that you should check out this cat, these guys should tour together!

This is Don Alder playing Dr. Dr...

http://www.donalder.com/drdrsmpub.wmv

Even more astouding!

9. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    This is the aforementioned Larrivee Guitar clip. They are some of the best acoustic guitars in the world as far as construction and tone. Kind of like the Ritters of the acoustic guitar world.

It's pretty funky and he slaps in the beginning.

Right Here

-Eric.

10. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    That guy should just buy a Chapman stick. It would make more sense since he can't play the top neck by itself. I prefer Chapman stuff as it uses actual bass and guitar on one instrument rather than the bass strings of a guitar. :D

-Eric.

11. ya but its still pretty sweet

12. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    That would tend to limit his "normal" playing. While the guy's adept at slap-n-tap style acoustic, he's also great with conventional techniques.

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

14. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Jon Gomm from the UK is doing this kind of fancy, percussive acoustic guitar stuff, and including good original songs into the bargain.... check him out! :D

http://www.myspace.com/jongomm

15. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
  16. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    I really like George Smed. Check out his videos on google if you have the time.

17. Smed's awesome, but this thread is more about guitarists....for some reason:meh:
    I like Adam Fulara. I never heard anyone get tone like that from a guitar, and tapping like that just blows my mind. He might as well be playing a piano!