The best unsigned bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, May 25, 2003.

1. Sunday night (5/25/03) at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, CA at 8:00pm (sorry mods, I am trying not to make this spam) the best unsigned bassist will be playing. His name is Trevor (forgot the last name) and his band Underwood is just amazing. . Honestly, if you guys really want to see a great bassist, and you live in the area, come and see Trevor. He plays like a god, and he is entirely self taught! His style is so inspiring. He just gets better and better, especially since all his true fans pooled together a ton of money to buy him a new bass to replace his old Aria. If you are having doubts on bass, come and rejuvenate your bass spirit and watch Trevor. Here is a pic of this red headed god:

P.S. - Mods, move me if you must, and I appologize at how much this is spam, but I didn't really know how to write it w/o making it sound that way.
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Musically, I like the band a lot. They're definitely more interesting than the mainstream junk. The bass player seemed to play well though I disliked his tone. The thing I don't like about bands like Underwood, Umphree's Mcgee, and other is that their singers are always bad. Band's like these never seem to have killer vocalists and therefore the melodies are boring or if they're good are wasted on the bad singing. But anyway, yes, very good band.
  3. Yeah, I know what you mean. About Trevor's tone: the recordings that you hear on their site are with his old Aria that had horrible fret buzz, but now he has a brand new custom Schecter which just sounds beautiful. And about the vocalist, he isn't the greatest, but in Underwood's case, it doesn't matter a whole lot since the majority of their songs are mainly instrumental. But, you should come and check out trevor anyways, he is just awesome.
  4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I would love to see them. Unfortunately I live in NC. If they ever make it to the east coast, I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for posting about them. That's the cool thing about sites like this and others: you get to hear of really good bands that otherwise due to proximity would go unnoticed.
  5. You'll be the first to know if they plan on touring out there. They were offered a deal to be signed, but they were only allowed to sign if they purged their keyboardist/trumpet player and their sax/clarinet player to mainstream the band, so they nixed that idea. I just know that Trevor is going to be one of the greats some day.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    HAHAHA, I know trevor!

he's my brother's friend, he is really good.

Underwood is the best unsigned band, If my memory serves me correctly they have just finished up recording some tracks, in a pro studio.

My brother is always trying to have trevor and I have a bass off, because he thinks I could shame him :rolleyes: whatever, he's a really great player .period.
  7. That's awesome. I would pay to see that. Are you going tonight to the Canyon Club? I would like to meet u also.
  8. Did anyone on TB end up going to this show? It was amazing!
  9. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Another great example of this phenomenon: The Slip.

Great band - excellent bassist - terrible vocals!

I still dig 'em, though.