Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The best way to keep your fingers nimble while away from your bass...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Yo yos. Not just the simple up and down kind, get one you can make sleep. Then start doing tricks with it. I used to be very into yo yos, before I played bass. Recently, I picked them back up and find my fingers to be more precise.

Just some advice. :D

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    yes yes, yo yo's... BUT, you also forgot to mention how much damn fun they are.

I had a PINK hulk hogen one when i was younger, it was KICK "A"!!!!

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Yeah. I used to be like a collector of nice ones. I have a Henry's Viper, a Silver Bullet 2 (my other baby, next to my GT-7), and a few of the Yomega ones. when I as in fourth grade, we got yo yos completely banned from school because we played with them all the time. You'd bring about 4 yo yos (cheap ones) to school and when the teacher wasn't looking, you'd do some tricks. One time, my friend went to do loop the loop, and his string broke, and it hit the black board missing the teacher by about 4 inches. That's what got them banned.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i never knew. you yo yo :D

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Dood, go buy yourself a Conklin yo yo. It'd be sweet, prolly have 7 strings too.

Seriously, go buy yourself a decent yo yo and a trick book, your life will be happier :D

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i might just try that :)

7. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    You should. Bad part about yo yoing is, if you can't get a trick figured out or just plain can't do it, you go into homocidal rage. :mad:

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, oh dude, BEEN there. Ya get so mad ya just start spinning the thing around in the air like a ninja while screaming "DAMN YOU YO YO!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!"

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    They were banned in my school when I was in seventh grade because of overuse as well. I've still got like four Duncan Butterflies and Imperials in my studio. Fun, but I never learned more than a few tricks (rock the cradle, loop the loops, etc.) I'd like to try one of those nicer yo-yos that seem to sleep forever.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    [butthead voice on]
    huh huh huh uhh huh huh hu
    [/butthead voice off]

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You sick, sick person. your refering to....

PIANO arent you! you sick bastard!:D ;)