The big 600,000!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Well this people have been posting for a long time in this forum. I just happened to notice that the total for the "basses" forum. We are well into 590,000 and we will get to that magical number soon. It is truly amazing that all of us have gotten together and made this wonderful community. Well there is no real point to this thread I just thought I would point this out
  2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Wow...Thats a ton of people. Thats 4.3 times the population of the city I call home. We could start our own state.

Wyoming has a population of 509,294.
    Alaska has a population of 663,661...another year we'll have them beat.
  3. Oh. I thought this was going to be about Munji's post count.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    it is without doubt the biggest and best bass (if not music) forum on the net. every single person is important.
  6. That's the truth, Clay! Here's to TalkBass!!
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I know what you mean. I have had the chance to watch TB grow quite a bit in the last three or four years, but I still feel part of it. I have left other forums when they get real big and you lose the sense of "family".

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, I was going to mention that, if you added my post count to the 590K, we'd go over the 600K mark.
  9. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    We need to decide a town we all can retire to, meddle with mere county politics and invade the town council.. rename it Bassville.. And start expanding..

Multiple Bassvilles around the country! Feel like a climate change? Bassville, OR nice and cool this time of the year! Then get back to Bassville, FL, for some Gard-style shopping!

One of those backwoods towns with 5000 people would be a suitable target. Just imagine, sitting on the front porch, waving to your neighbour with Fodera in his hands - your drummer could come too, but you'd have to keep him on a short leash so he wouldn't run on other peoples groove.
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What's special about 600k ....:meh:

Now if it was a million, then I could understand!! :)
  11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It's not 600 000 different members, we only have 43 000 of those.
  12. Well I think another hundred thousand is something to celebrate.. if It was like 598,000 we were celebrating yeah but 600,000 is kinda a big deal. In my opinion.
  13. Feeling like boosting North Face's stock price? Come to Bassville Chicago! Kinda like China Town for bassists.
  14. I think you have to take away the 200,000 or so threads that wind up in the basses section that don't belong there.
  15. Why stop at the Basses fourm?

What you need to do is add up the post count from every TB forum. That would probably be around 3 million posts, I guess?