1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Big High End Bass Sell-a-Ton. March Madness Edition!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danny R., Mar 6, 2013.

1. Once again selling some of the basses I barely play, they need good homes!

Pavel Jazz Pro Deluxe. This bass is a beast and I don't really want to sell it but darn gas... This one was built for Justin Raines and was completed in Jan. 2012, it was used on the new Israel & New Breed CD/DVD (Jesus At The Center).... Sounds amazing! Alder body, burl Maple top and a really cool green/blue burst finish. Maple neck and flamed Maple fretboard. Aguilar 60's pickups and Aguilar preamp. GONE!

R-Bass SC6. This is my favorite 6 stringer ever, the neck feels so comfortable. I'm selling it because I developed carpal tunnel..... Mahogany body, Maple tone block, Buckeye burl top, 5A Birds-eye maple board. Nordstrand DC and Aguilar preamp. The bass sounds better than it looks! SOLD!

Brubaker SC5 Custom Fretless. Maple body, quilted Maple top. Maple neck and Ziricote board with lines (amazing!). Bartolini pickups and 3 band preamp. Best fretless bass I've ever played.... $2300 or best reasonable offer.

Ken Smith CR5. Quilted Maple wings and Maple core. Maple neck and ebony board (beautiful). $2100.

MTD 435. Ash (might be Alder!) body, maple neck and board. Great condition and comes in a case. Funk machine! $2500.

There's a little wiggle room but not much, silly offers will be ignored. Trade value is a little higher. I'm only interested in 5 string basses like neck thru Smiths, NYC Sadowskys, Ritters and Foderas (I can do 2 or 3 depending on what you have). I might be interested in other high end 5ers with wide string spacing. No 4 or 6 bangers please.

More pics available upon request. Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking!

232920d1.

90e8b38a.

IMG_9057_zpsa121b2e9.

IMG_9062_zps86ac2f5b.

IMG_9060_zps4839f710.

IMG_9028_zpsf8817d7c.

IMG_9033_zps90507f4f.

IMG_9051_zpsfc6b2155.

IMG_9054_zpsbd66b1fe.

IMG_9043_zps2596c065.

IMG_9046_zps1939ae6d.

2. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    Pm sent!

3. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Wow on the R bass...

4. Bump for one of the best guys on TB...

5. basspro557

basspro557 Banned

Jul 20, 2005
    Miami
    Original Smith case?

6. Nope, the Smith came to me in a flimsy bag, but I'll ship it in a nice tweed case.

7. PMs replied, lots of interest in the R and Pavel!

8. ...I'll be innerested' in the Smith...
    But my stuff isn't selling.
    Any tips?
    Thanks

9. Blueinred

Blueinred

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    Beautiful pieces, man. Bummer on the Carpel Tunnel. They can fix that, but you may have to give them a couple of these basses to get it done. Good luck!

10. gzarate85

gzarate85 Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I always love your for sale postings, especially the titles. Gets me excited! :hyper: Seriously contemplated buying the Pavel a while back when Pavel had it but then.... I stumbled across a Smith at just the right time. :D

GLWS!

11. IronLung1986

IronLung1986

May 19, 2010
    Exeter, NH
    is that your band doing the sly & the family stone covers? pretty legit!

12. Thanks for the free bumps guys!

@ IronLung, yep, that's one of my bands. I'm blessed because I do what I love for a living!

13. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Danny, does it snow high end basses in Reno, NV ?
    You always have the best, buddy.
    Mike

14. Ha!
    I wish Mike!

15. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    That R bass is off the hook! really sorry about the carpal tunnel man, but it may go away i you wait it out.

16. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Maybe if you play just 4's like us "regular folks" your hands will get better, too.
    Yeah, sorry to hear that, Danny ! You deserve the best life has to offer, my friend.

17. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Justin Raines... Wow, what a bass player. What a band.

Good luck with the sale and thanks for posting that video link to Israel & New Breed..... smokin!

18. Whatisbass

Whatisbass

Sep 21, 2011
    SoCal
    Man Danny, if only you wanted to trade for a 6 string ken smith i think i would do it for that R Bass . lol

GLWS

-Ernie

19. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Bumpin' the madness. :)

20. Dieps17

Dieps17

Apr 1, 2011
    Pm'd