The Big Looper Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Demens, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Demens

Apr 23, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    Okay.. Christmas is almost here and my parents really want to buy me something (I told them I didn't really want/need anything... but they don't want to give me money)

Anyways, I have had my eyes on loopers for some time to just mess around with them. I have been browsing through TB and Looper's Delight and really can't decide.

What I mostly want to do with it is to use it live, for some solo sets. Lay down a track and slowly build on it until I finish the song. (You know, just gradually make the song more complex or something).

Anyways, the names that keep coming up are:
    Boss RC 20XL
    Digitech JamMan
    Boss DD-20

I really don't want to get anything over that price range, so if you could all help me out with personal experience or reviews or anything of the sort. (Or recommend others that would suit my needs...)

2. you will be able to do all the things you said with the listed loopers...

i know that doesn't clear anything up though... :)
  3. Demens

Apr 23, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    I have a quick question about the Boss DD-20... It says it features 23 seconds or something of looping... Does that mean I can lay down 23 seconds, then go back to the beginning and lay down on top of that, and keep doing it? Or just a one shot thing of 23 seconds?

Because with that much time I could put in some basic grooves and rythm, and just solo over it. Plus I would get delay effects as well.
  4. i don't know the answer to that, but if you look on looper's delight you can see a trick to make it 46 seconds!
    my guess for your question would be your first solution, you can record straight for 23 seconds and then you can overdub over that...thats my guess though.