The biggest marshall I've ever seen...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rickenbackerman, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
  2. wow what a monster. Go for it and good luck
  3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Don't waste your money!
    There was a very good reason why they built so few! - In a word - Unreliable!
  4. That's nothing - Rick Nielson from Cheap Trick has a Marshall head that's at least six feet long and two high.
  5. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Ampeg holds a guinness record for the worlds biggest tube amp though. It's in the ampeg book. They built a 600 watt SVT with a cab that had 32 10" speakers. The whole rig weighed something like 1200 pounds. Ack!
  6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I lived in LA during 92/93 (and survived).In one of the used gear stores right around the corner from GC on sunset was a GIANT MARSHALL AMP.It was a freak show the company built for some reason, this thing took up one whole side of the store. I was told it had resently been rented for a vidio(mr big i think its been awile) I would not be at all suprised if this is what Rick nielson owns I know it was for sale.

7. bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Do you have a picture of this 32 10" speaker cabinet??
  8. It exists in the same way Merle Unruh's 8 x 18 cabinet exists...
  9. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Ronzo, not quite. It exists. It was built for the bass player for Dokken, and it holds a Guinness worlds record. I don't have a picture, you have to buy the ampeg book to see it.
  10. You mean Merle's cabinet DOESN'T exist??? :eek:

His wife just ran into it with the car in their garage!!!

He's posting pics of it. Soon.
  11. I want it! A bass amp that holds and comes with eight bottles of beer can't be all bad......
  12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    The shipping from UK will likely be more than the amp!!!
    flam likes this.