Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the blue digitech whammy!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by retitled, Jul 23, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    here is a whammy question:

when set to 1 oct down; does it works as an octave and creates one (sinusoid i supose) oct down, or does it takes the whole sound and take it 1 oct down? (divide each freq to the half)

also, can i set it to be 1 oct up plus the standard note?

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    im asking about the red whammy IV

3. No, the whammy doesnt act as a pitch shifter. When in 1oct down, it takes the fretted or open note and makes it one octave below. It doesnt keep the standard note. This applies to all the whammys ever made, Including the bass whammy. Most of the whammy effects only sound good when using distortion because Digitech products have bad tracking, Atleast the effects processers and whammy. And after all these years, they still havent found a way to get rid of it...

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I showed you that retitled! :smug:

So there's no way to play two notes at the same time other than to get a loooper?

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    harmonizer?

6. all the whammy pedals I have tried have been broken right out of the box. By broken i mean they don't do what they're supposed to. Put a tuner after the whammy and you will see that an octave up is not quite and octave up. All the harmonies are out of tune. It's a great idea but just doesn't work well. Horrible tracking, bad sound... it can be fun for certain things but I just wish someone could make one that actually worked.

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Please embellish. :)

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A pedal that will play another note on top of your note, like, an octave, or a 5th, or even change your original note and play 2 different harmonies of the note, im not good at describing it....

someone help?

9. Something that adds chord harmonies to your root notes?

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Ah ok. Isn't the Whammy a "harmonizer?"

11. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    there is a boss pedal called he HR-2 Harmonist.

might be worth checking out. easy to find on ebay.

12. the whammy does harmony too...also you could look into the XP100 whammy, i don't know about the other whammys, but mine has an effect out and a dry out...thats another way that you can have the regular note and then the octave up or whathaveyou