The Blue Man Group

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ericman197, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Are they worth seeing? The tickets are pretty cheap... something like $69 each for front row or near front row seats. I really have no clue who they are or what they're about, I've just heard it was a really crazy show. I also got front row tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra today, so I'm in a very awesome mood.
  2. I say if you're interested go for it. I've heard it's really amazing too.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'd do it if I had the money and they were in my town. I was very entertained by them the few times I've seen them on TV and I just talked to someone the other day who saw them recently and really enjoyed it. They are novel, inventive and funny.

EDIT: and blue.

brad cook
  4. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  5. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Not exactly, but compared to the TSO tickets it is. Maybe I should rephrase it as "doable." I don't really go to many concerts and shows, so when I do, it's usually fairly expensive. $69 isn't that much compared to a lot of Broadway shows and other things I've seen... not that I actually liked any of the Broadway shows I've seen ;)
  6. I've seen the show in Vegas and in California and they were amazing both times. The Vegas show was the best. Its a really hands on type of show.
  7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I've never had the chance to see them live, but I would in a heart beat! I've seen their DVD and they seem to put on a really good show.

Please go.

Click here for a peek.
  8. Blue Man is very cool. I've seen them twice at the Charles.

Good times. Equal parts party, thinking man, comedy, musical and eerie acid trip.
  9. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I have to vote against Blue Man. I didn't enjoy it at all. I thing Cirque d' Soliel shows are far superior and depend on talent rather than gimmick. Check out the one at Treasure Island. It's reasonable and an excellent show.
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    There's a Treasure Island in New Jersey?! Who woulda thunk!

brad cook
  11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

I dunno. I paid $100/ticket for amazing seats at the Luxor in Vegas, and I would do it again in a second. The band is tight, and the show is unlike anything you'll see.

I like Cirque d' Soleil, too, but I think Blue Man Group was awesome. And, it was unlike anything else you'll see.
  12. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The DVD I've seen was a great show - I say go for it! :hyper:
  13. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  14. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Mark, I like your story !
  15. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    It's an "in progress" work... I have been side tracked recently with the elections and all its associated periphery, but now that that's over with I can get back to it. ;)

Thank you VERY MUCH for reading!!
  16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I saw Blue Man Group about 2 years ago and thought it was totally worth it. I happened to have gone on a great night, which was a bad night, for them - I heard they rarely have bad nights. They screwed up more than once and I kinda got a kick out of it. Showed their human side. It's thoroughly entertaining though.

I forgot the exact title, but another show that I enjoyed even more was De La Guardia??? Totally different premise, but off the wall (literally and figuratively). It was an experience. I love living in NY. We have access to sooooo much more artistically than a lot of other places, and I often forget that.
  17. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    You should definitly go. I saw them in Chicago over the summer and it was incredible. It wasn't what I expected it to be though. A lot more acting than music.
  18. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I've seen a recording of a live performance. I thought it was a great show.
  19. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to Miscellaneous.
  20. Tim Alexander drummed (dram?) with them for a while.

That would be such a sweet gig though.