1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bongo 6 has landed at MF!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FreaqyFrequency, Oct 2, 2008.

1. With MF, It's ain't there until it's actually there. They'll keep moving the date.

2. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    That's badass!

3. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    A-nice...

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i want a free bongo 6.

5. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    I know what you mean about them "moving dates", but considering I just bought (ordered) it, I'm hoping they get one in quickly!:D.................Just as any FYI, they apparently have the Black/Black, Burgundy/White, and Pearl Blue/Black Six'ers all on order. They Pearl Blue is slightly more, but not sure why, because it is not on the other Bongos?:confused:

6. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I know Im too sleepy to be online right now, I thought the title of this thread was 'The Bongo 6 has landed on ME'...........

7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Availability is 12-12-2008???

Sheesh!!!

:D

Joe.

8. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    I hear John Myung is playing one of these now, do we know if it comes with the piezo. A 4 stringer of theirs is one of probably the best 3 basses I have ever played.

9. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    and 24 frets

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I recently played a Bongo 6 at a music store.

Now, anyone who has EVER read my posts (before I was a mod) knows my feelings about Bongos.

But this thing killed.

I couldn't get MY sound out of it, but I liked the overall tone I could get from it. The string spacing was great as well, and the feel, weight and everything was nice.

11. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    AFAIK, they don't plan on ever putting piezos on the Bongo 6.

12. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    true. Myung definitely has a few and is tracking/has tracked with them as we type.

for the piezo thingie, if someone really wanted it bad enough, it'd cost a little but GraphTech makes the Ghost system which kicks ass and shoudn't be anything that a good tech could squeeze in there.

and yes, the Bongo 6 is a beast unto it's own. such a stellar bass.

13. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    from the MF write up:

"The 6-string MusicMan Bongo Bass Guitar is crafted from select basswood carved into THE most distinctive electric guitar body style ever."

Hellz Yeah and too true!

:smug:

14. Bongo 6! Mmmmm tasty! ;)

15. Basstard79

Basstard79

Oct 30, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Sorry but I hate the Bongo. Both the looks (a high-tech toilet seat) and the sound (maybe I played a faulty specimen but it sounded dead - muddy lows, cardboard-like mids and aggressive, artificial highs - even though the strings were rather fresh).