1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Bongo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cheesemonkey, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Why am i so mesmerized by its shape and look... i haven't even played one and i want one... why?

2. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    You lust for bongo shape:confused:

well I guess it could happen, it's supposedly a great bass but I can't imagine wanting one unless I've played it.

3. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu

maybe its subliminal...like an everday object that you see everday is permuating your very subconcious??

4. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    i really like Musicman basses but this one just isn't that appealing to me. i know they play really nice but as far as looks i'm just not into them.

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Do you happen to drive a BMW?

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Every king needs their throne.

7. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    starbucks-18-11-07.

8. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    if we are posting pictures.. nah forget it.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire

The Bongo is like Paris Hilton. You can't stand the way she looks, but you wanna do her anyway.

10. That's an amazing quote, and I probably would hit that, but it might take more than a few beers. :smug:

I always thought the Bongo looked a bit odd, but you're more than compensated with the added comfort.

11. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Ah, a potty reference...go figure.

12. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    That and the headstock looks like a birds beak that got broken off. Just an opinion :)

13. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    You got that one wrong, everyone knows the headstock looks like a can opener.

14. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    So you get a can opener, and "the can" all in one? :)

15. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    That's because the Bongo is moving from the "accepted" phase of it's development into the "cool" phase. People were at first frightened, then they thought it was ugly and made bad jokes, then they thought that maybe it was OK, then it was OK, now it's just starting to become cool, soon it will be seen by all as cool, and once they start getting some mojo (which may take a real long time because they have real pain't jobs, unlike uhh... won't go pointing fingers), then people are going to start paying 10s of thousands of dollars for them.

And I decided on one long before they were ever born. :) Some of us are just so ahead of their time.

16. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Bongo, the only bass that has the balls to be named after a totaly different instrument :D

17. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Balls. Haha. :smug:

18. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    It is fairly light, comfortable, has great tone, and is easy to play. That about sums it up.

And on top of that it looks very unique- in a good way.

19. Hype. Marketing. Guys like 'strange'... I didn't work for me.

20. Fnord Explorer

Fnord Explorer

Feb 3, 2008
    Nibiru
    There is an unholy compulsion within me to acquire one and I, too, have never even touched one. :oops: