1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Boss GEB-7 Bass equalizer?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mastershake, May 26, 2011.

1. mastershake

mastershake

May 12, 2011
    stupid question is the geb-7 digital? would there be any better options as far as multi band freq eq preamp/boosters go? preferably around the same price or less. i want to use it to boost specific mid-range frequencies to overdrive my tube amp (mesa walkabout) so i can only distort those frequencies to avoid loss of low end and that thin hair like fuzz on the top.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's analog. There are tons of other similar choices, at all price points. I'm not sure what you're describing will achieve what you hope, but it's worth a try.

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    What about a bass with 2 EQ preamp onboard coupled with this pedal...anyone spent time experimenting with these?

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There's no reason to want to run a 2-band EQ into a 7-band EQ. If you want 7 bands, then set your 2-band EQ "flat" so it isn't fighting the other one.