Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"The Bottom Line"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RichBriere, Feb 26, 2003.

1. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Greetings All,

I'm wondering about the Emailed newsgroup that was/is known as "The Bottom Line". Does it still exist?

Thanks,
    RB

www.richbriere.com

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Yup.

You can look for older digests on the web and use the link to subscribe.

They also have a webpage at http://www.magpie.com/tbl/

Good luck.

Brittany.:D

3. And is it worth a damn?

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I used to be a big contributor to TBL until someone posted a link to a little site called "TalkBass".I never looked back.

I started receiving TBL again, but I find I never read it.

5. That's what I wanted to know. 'preciate it! :)

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i used to contribute to tbl pretty heavily -that's where i met packard and a few other guys. in fact, the first atlanta get togethers that i threw were tbl atlanta get togethers, before there was a talkbass.

when i got very active here, i started getting less involved on tbl. instant gratification and all that. that and the fact that some jerk came on there named bruce mintz and totally slammed bill conklin and me, totally unprovoked, in a pretty vile manner, and was allowed, or slipped past their mods. on top of that, i was not allowed to address his crap, which was specifically about me and my doubleneck. the dude was a real jackass - he posted on 4-play's guest book talking about how nathan east was a sellout for playing a 5 string, as was will lee, which he posted on will lee's guest book. i think he's tried to post a few things here, but he was chased off a few years ago.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm still a subscriber and contributor to TBL. I'm with JT about the instant gratification thing here at TB...you can get more done here in 5 minutes than in a week on TBL.

Having said that, I still enjoy reading the digest daily...but it's getting a lot smaller.

I'd say give it a try...