1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Bourne Legacy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by darius8, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I'm already disappointed with this film before ever seeing it.
    A friend of mine, who has read most of Robert Ludlum's "Bourne" books including "Bourne Legacy", said that Jason Bourne was the main character in the book. This means they borrowed the tiltle but was untrue to the book. Is this some form of deception? :bawl:

2. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    It could still be mostly the same plot, just told from a different perspective. We won't know until we know.

3. Jason Bourne's character is not in the movie. I read that this film is a spin-off from the book.

4. The books follow the sequence The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Bourne Legacy. They should have not called it Bourne Legacy because it's like making a movie called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)" and Harry Potter isn't even in it.

It should have been called "Not another Bourne movie" or "Bourne Not".

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It has strayed so far off course with the introduction of this new "Bourne" into the story line and they know it, which is why they keep doing the hard sell in all the ads:

"There was never only one...."

Um, yes, there was. Plain stupid.

6. Jason has a cousin.. Bubba Bourne played by Larry the cable guy. hahaha :D

7. mrbell321

mrbell321

Mar 26, 2012
    N. Colorado
    Well, if you've read the books, you should know that the movies strayed way off the books from the very beginning. That's OK, though. The movies have been good in their own right. That said, I'm not holding my breath on the new one. It could be good, but I don't think it will be. What gets my hopes up somewhat is that they got so many of the original actors back, even if they didn't get Matt Damon. I mean, has David Strathairn ever been in a bad movie? Add to that Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Scott Glen, Joan Allen. If nothing else, the CIA will be well acted.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'll pass, sadly. I am a huge fan of the Matt Damon Bourne movies, and was super excited when talk of this new one started surfacing. Then totally disappointed when I heard about this Cross character. What bugs me too is the video clips from the other Bourne movies in this new one.

Personally, I think they are setting up a future film where Bourne and this Cross guy have a showdown.

-Mike

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Huh? Why would 2 guys who are trying to get their lives back want to kill each other? In addition, isn't this Cross guy supposed to be some super soldier via lab experiments (as per the plot)? Bourne was just well trained.

10. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I want to see it...I really like Jeremy Renner...and haven't read any of the books, so it's just a cool looking movie to me.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I haven't read any of the Bourne books, so I don't care at all if the movies don't follow the same story line. If it's a good action movie with a decent plot, I will enjoy it.

12. gotta go with this.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    For the same reason all the other operatives were trying to kill each other, that is what they were trained to do.

I'm not revealing any more of my plot in case one of the production companies comes to me with ideas on the film. :)

-Mike

14. Ummmm...."Universal Soldier". sorry.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    So would it be better if the movie had Colt McCoy or maybe Josh Cribbs in it?

-Mike

16. Fake cool looking fighting ... Shooting at some point... Explosion at some point... plot... Pffft....

Ill probably watch it... When it comes to DVD... Possibly the discount theater on Tuesday when it is 75 cents

17. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    this movie is just a set-up for the next Matt Damon appearence. an excellent way to progress the brand.

18. LOL!!! Jerk.:D

19. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    I was disappointed after a few minutes of the first movie. Im a Ludlum guy and it didnt take long to realize that Matt Damon is not Jason Bourne. Sorry, but those films offer nothing similar to what the books did.

20. I'm down with most action movies, but I'll tell you my gripe.

I don't care how much training you do, you cannot, I repeat CANNOT deny physics. I can suspent my belief in the law of physics for a monster miovie, or a SciFi movie, but not any movie that purports to be a dude or dudette who has some martial arts training or some such nonsense and that physics does have to be obeyed.