Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Brand New Heavies: new album out!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Oct 27, 2004.

1. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Over the last couple of years, they seemed to have vanished off the face of the earth, but they have an ad in this months 'Jazzwise' magazine for a new album and UK live dates!

At last, they have an official website:
    http://www.thebrandnewheavies.net

The new material sounds pretty good: less retro. Their new singer has the Anastacia/Joss Stone thing going on, and they're still one of the best-dressed bands around!

2. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    good news. very curious.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    killer, I grabbed the video off the site last night. I'm gonna see if I can find the disc tomorrow!

5. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Sweetness. I checked out the site and I'm digging the new material. I dig the wordplay the band uses in their lyrics. I just may have to pick this one up, if/when it hits the US. Oh, and Andrew Levy is awesome on bass.

Nicole Russo, the singer, is smokingly hot. I love how she manages to be sassy and spunky while still being 'cool.' I loved the video for "Boogie." It was cool, funky, funny, had great color schemes and of course, the Heavies were very well dressed.

David- I must agree that the Heavies have impeccable fashion sense.

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I downloaded the Boogie video. Very cool!

7. I love the Brand New Heavies.. this is such good news. :D

*cue Ewok victory song "Yub Nub" from Return of the Jedi*