1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The bridge/solo section in Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tupac, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Can someone explain this to me. Need to learn this for a band but there seems to be a lot of multiples of 3 as far as counting goes.

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    It's a big hot mess that is trying desperately to fall apart, but somehow the Sabbath boys don't let it. Wonderful, and hard to master.

I don't know that anyone's ever annotated it out. Seems like 4/4 time; I've been wrong before. Good luck!

3. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    What a good way to describe it!

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Dude, it's one of my favorite jams EVER. I crank that thing up like no other. What a fantastic song! It's like jazz just rears its head, and plants itself right in the middle of some simplistic heavy metal riffage, which they then go right back to!

Sweet Leaf. Sabbath never topped that one!

5. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    It's one of those classic "Everybody Solo!" Sabbath moments. There's isolated bass tracks floating around the web, find those and slow it down in audacity or something similar.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

EDIT: Here it is.

6. newtzy33

newtzy33

Nov 19, 2013
    Canada
    Here, I sort of tabbed out the part right before the they go back to the main riff, here. I don't know how to tab, so feel free to correct this. Sorry, I know this post is a month old, but it's just for reference...

-----------------
    --6-4------------
    4------7-4-------
    -----------7-4-7- X4

--6-4------------
    ------8-6-4------
    4-----------8-6--
    ----------------- X1

-----------------
    --6-4------------
    4------7-4-------
    -----------7-4-7-X3