1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

the Brothers Johnson 'blam' album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chili, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    the brothers johnsons albums i dont have and want the most are, Blam!, the winners album, and out of control, i cant find winners or out of control anywhere but i found blam on amazon, but it costs £105!, for an album, how does it cost that much when all there other albums on there site cost around £10, does anyone know where i could find these albums new for a reasonable price?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blam-Brothe...1367630?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1188248975&sr=1-6

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Are you opposed to MP3s? Because you can usually find albums that way. From the sounds of that one, it's probably pretty rare. I don't know, I just started getting into the Brother's Johnson, great stuff, really laid back... somewhat psychedelic, and super funky bass playing, of course. ;)

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Dusty Groove (in Chicago, IL) has a lot of R&B...sometimes some old vinyl pops up.
    I know Dennis Coffey's Evolution LP was my holy grail for a long time; eventually, I bit the bullet & paid $30 for used LP.
    ...and then most of that album was released on a cd called Big City Funk.

Here's a link to DG's Brothers Johnson current stock.
    http://www.dustygroove.com/browse.php?kwfilter=brothers+johnson&incl_oos=1&incl_cs=1

Sorry...I see you're looking at a cd. I didn't know Blam! existed on cd. Amazon US has some used ones on cd for about $100.
    I have the LP; damn, it's good but it's not that good.
    ;)

4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    great album. the songs "aint we funkin now" is HOT HOT HOT. nice grooves, Louis Johnson can really funk you up.

I'd look for it on vinyl, i owned it on vinyl, paid all of $1.50 USD for it. look for it used on eBay.