The Brown Truck Cometh!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Jun 16, 2004.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    This Friday, I have 2 (yup!) new basses coming my way! The first one, courtesy of Steve "Dude" Barr, is a Candy Apple Red Lakland D. Jones with a rosewood board, blocks, binding, and matching headstock! I ordered it with some custom hum-cancelling should be awesome! I asked specifically for the lightest one the factory has, so hopefully, it'll be under 8 lbs.
    The second one reminds me of some of my kids' Christmas presents..."Some Assembly Required"... I got all of the following from Allparts....a lightweight alder 3 tone sunburst jazz body, a blocks and bound 70s style jazz neck, red tort guard, Hipshot large post cloverleaf tuners, nickel string tree, 250 k solid shaft pots, original style knobs, control plate, neck plate w/60's style serial number, etc. Essentially all of the parts needed to build my own late 60's/early 70's blocks and bound alder 3 tone burst Jazz Bass! I'm going to drop in another set of Carey's pickups into it. I found a person on EBay that sells sheets of logos...3 60s style, and 3 70s style (large script) for 40 bucks, so I snagged 'em! (Sorry, I got the last sheet!)
    So, I'll have an ash/rosewood blocks and bound bass, and an alder bass with the same pickups to do a little taste test!!
    I'll play 'em both for a couple of months and sell the one that doesn't ring my bell the most. I am married to my Nordstrand SC4, so this'll be the backup bass (read "justification for buying another bass!). This is the first time in my professional life where I've only had one bass (the Nordstrand); I haven't really needed anything else, or even desired anything else. This'll be a fun comparison...a parts bass vs. a parts bass! I'm going to have Carey do a bit of the assembly...he obviously is a bit more qualified than me to handle power tools! :smug: They'll both have been assembled by some of the best guys out there, so it'll be a fun comparison!
    A review to follow.....
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    yep, i hear those Nordtrands don't suck :eyebrow:
    you are as hopeless as the rest of us..congrats, man!
  3. Any progress report yet?

4. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I get the basses on Friday, and am going to Carey's on Saturday.
    Still waitin'.....
  5. So are we !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)