1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Featured The Bucket List Featuring Phil Keaggy, Tony Levin & Jerry Marotta Release Debut Album

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Feb 27, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    The Bucket List is the collective effort of guitar extraordinaire Phil Keaggy, legendary bassist Tony Levin and rhythm master Jerry Marotta featuring 12 original instrumentals that showcase the strengths of these three musicians.

How many musicians can claim they recorded/toured with King Crimson, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Yes, and let’s not forget John Lennon? Bassist and Stick player Tony Levin can and that’s barely scratching the surface of his musical biography. When Tony’s not bouncing between King Crimson and Peter Gabriel, he’s usually found on the road with The Stick Men.

For over a decade, Tony along with drummer Jerry Marotta were the rhythm section for the classic Peter Gabriel years. Jerry’s unique percussion style has graced the music of Paul McCartney, Hall & Oats, Elvis Costello, The Indigo Girls and so many others. These days, Jerry never takes a break working with The Security Project, The Marotta Brothers Band, The Fragile Fate and Flav Martin.

The genesis of this super trio can be traced back over ten years ago when Phil, Tony and Jerry first met in Woodstock for an impromptu jam session that lead to a live show and a whole lot of improvisation left in the can. Over the years the material was revisited and reworked then left to age in the barrel a little longer.

Fast forward to 2018, the recordings are given a fresh breath of air plus added tracks to formulate a collection of actual songs. The end result is executive producer Paul Grimsland finally getting to tick off a box of his Bucket List. Like a fine wine, The Bucket List has been aged to perfection and is ready for consumption from an audience thirsting for this musical delight.

To kick off the release of The Bucket List, Phil, Tony and Jerry aka KLM have several very special shows planned to showcase the album. Don’t miss KLM live in concert as this may be your only chance to cross these performances off your Bucket List.

bucket list fb-1200-628 med res.

Release Date: January 11, 2019
    Pre-order at: keaggylevinmarotta.bandcamp.com
    All songs composed by Keaggy, Levin, Marotta

Phil Keaggy - Guitars
    Jerry Marotta – Drums/Percussion
    Tony Levin - Bass/Stick
    On Tour 2019
    02/28 - Bearsville Theater - Woodstock, NY
    03/01 - Daryl’s House Club - Pawling, NY
    03/05 - Sellersville Theater - Sellersville, PA

bucket list AlbumCover4 med res.

Oly Spart, rknea, ccbass71 and 8 others like this.
  2. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Legit "supergroup"!

Joshua, MynameisMe and Tony In Philly like this.
  3. MynameisMe

MynameisMe

Dec 31, 2018
    North Florida
    I saw Phil Keaggy play about 10 years ago and he had I would guess about 30 effects pedals.
    A master of the loop.
    That guy is a incredible musician! One of the best concerts ever!

StayLow likes this.
  4. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    They played last night near my home town. It was actually the Woodstock Community Center, not Bearsville Theater (I saw them play at Bearsville a few years ago). Missed this one, but some fiends went. Needless to say, it looked like a great show based upon iPhone video evidence. I could only see Tony from the back in the video, but it looked like he was playing a Jack Casady bass (maybe not, I’m not an expert on hollow body basses), not his stingray. He did break out the stick though.

Best screenshot I could get...
    3CF4A32F-0A24-4655-AD1B-66E46E31EF59.

5. I saw Phil about 22 years ago with just his acoustic guitar and his looper, which I think was the original rack-mounted Lexicon JamMan. That was a great show, too! In addition to all the cool guitar parts, I remember him layering BGVs through the mic in his guitar. I'd never seen anything like it before that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    MynameisMe likes this.
  6. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I had a chance to see this in Sellersville, PA a couple of nights ago but it fell through. That's about 10 minutes from my house!

MynameisMe likes this.
  7. BryanB

BryanB Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Love Tony and Jerry combo. Such a great sound and feel.

jumbodbassman likes this.
  8. extreme

extreme Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Oh my goodness! Phil and Tony are definitely right there as being my most respected guitarist and bassist. Wow, I can't believe this collaboration happened!!! I definitely need to pick up the album.

edit: Okay, just ordered the CD and got access to the mp3 files on bandcamp. It sounds like I would expect it to. These guys are so talented and respectful in how they approach music. So amazing they did this album together!!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Joshua, StayLow and MynameisMe like this.
  9. rknea

rknea

Jan 16, 2007
    Boise, ID
    I had the opportunity to play bass for Phil at a show here in Boise a few years ago. What a gem of an individual! I loved and cherished every minute of our time together and learned so much!!

extreme, MynameisMe and StayLow like this.