1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Buckett City Distortion Rackett

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by iamoldschool, Mar 22, 2009.

1. The guitarist and lead singer in the band I'm currently with (going on 3 years now) was an original member of a Tuscon, AZ based band called "The Buckett City Distortion Rackett". I had known about this since we started playing together and I knew that they recorded a song that actually charted in '67. The song was called "I Lied" and met with some success in selected markets, but I had never heard it until recently. He didn't even have a copy of it. So I put Google in charge and wound up finding it on a compilation album called "Funky Flakes and Shakes, VOL 6". I was actually able to record it from an archived internet-based radio broadcast so I could at least hear it. The guitarist was stoked when I told him a recorded version was still available and he ordered the album. To the point, I was goofing around on Google again today and found it posted on YOUTUBE - just the song, no video, but hey, it WAS 1967! We have incorporated the song into our set list as it fits our format (50's - 70's rock and bebop), so take a listen and let me know what you think! This is the original version, not us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuLih-G4nDc

I gotta admit, it's pretty cool playing with someone who actually recorded back in the day. My guitarist/singer is the one singing backup and playing lead guitar on the recording.