Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Buttwalk?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fretlessspence, Feb 6, 2006.

1. My dog just performed the buttwalk for the first time. She sat down on her butt, with her feet forward, and started to drag herself across the floor. As if she needed to wipe her butt and the carpet was the paper. Is this normal? Do I have this to look forward to for the rest of her life? Will my carpet ever be the same? Will I ever be able to fall asleep on the floor without the fear of resting my head on post buttwalked carpet?

2. Check for worms. And clean your carpet...:spit:

Edit: Sorry to take the mystery out of it for you.:rollno:

3. One question. When I check for these worms, should I wear gloves?

4. Or you could take her to the vet if you want to avoid inspecting a dog's butt.
    My old dog did this too, it could be worms, but it could just as easily be a harmless itch. But like they said, better safe then sorry.

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    What kind of dog?

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    you could discipline your dog not to... that's what I did. He stopped doing it after like 4 or 5 times, so it wasn't really that bad. You shouldn't have to stand for buttwalked-carpet!

7. kovachian

kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Aren't all worms crapped out though? Last dog I owned had worms, didn't take long to discover he had worms simply by stepping in his poo in the backyard. As if plain poo wasn't bad enough, it was like I had stepped in chili-smothered spaghetti.

Sincerest apologies in advance for the horrid visuals.

8. Another possibility is impacted anal glands. Believe me, if these need to be expressed, it are worth whatever the vet will charge to have him / her do it.

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    +1MM. I think that's where our forefathers got the idea for mustard gas.

10. My Girlfriend's "fatter than Garfield" cat does this all the time... And the minutes she catches you watching her doing it, she stops, turns around and sprints away... Cats are funny.

Make sure your dog is getting some type of worm preventation medication if he does indeed have worms. I have all three of my dogs in it, and they've been healthy for as long as I've had them.

-ryan-

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1

Don't be afraid to do it yourself...it's not that hard or icky (use a paper towel)....

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Try telling that to the dog! We attempted to have this done at our last checkup for our dachshunds. Once our little runt felt the vet's hands going near his nether reaches, he almost bolted out the door!

13. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    This is usually a sign of worms, I'd Bring him to the vet...Better safe than sorry.

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :D

If I can empty out the sacs on a 120lbs Rottie, you can handle a cute little Dachshund... :p

:D

15. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Awesomely disgusting.

By the way, you might want to have your carpet steamed...especially if you see skidmarks.

16. She is a basset. And yes, the glands get their regular relief. I wish there was a way to avoid the touching.