Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The "C" note repairs DNA........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by merlin, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hmm....trouble finding that frequency? play fretless ;) :p

2. cool! I have a C tuning fork, that I allway used to play with as a kid. Maybe thats why I'm so healthy! :rolleyes:

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    You know, it's funny because he just doesn't have a clue. That C on a piano is actually 523 Hz (based on A = 440Hz).

Anything about "biochemists" using sound for DNA repair is BS.

That any frequencies that low could affect DNA (directly, at least) seems pretty absurd to me.

4. you never know....music does have healing effects do us:)

5. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    he really sounded like he worked hard on this thing.... witch he must have but that part about "going home to heaven." Heaven, to me, is the complete synchronization with higher frequencies and vibrations of creation being totally entrained." and......"I stopped "doing" the tuning forks .... and they started "doing me"

just brought the whole article down hill fast... but im sort of interested now:confused:

6. Agreed. It generally takes a very short frequency wave to affect something on the size scale and bonding strength of DNA. I also can't possibly see the mechanism for such an effect from a sound wave, surely the power of such a wave needed to affect DNA in any way would be tremendous. That and the question of how a sound wave could repair DNA in the first place. It reorganizes it? Repairs breaks in DNA?

Makes no sense to me.

Geoff

7. Well exactly. It starts off quite methodical and scientific... then it gets all hippy-trippy. Was waiting for him to say "I struck the tuning fork, came closer to my patient and screamed "PRAISE THE LORD JEEZUZ" then i healed them." :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

8. That would be funny to do a solo in that solfeggioen key in jazz band when everyone else is in major.;)

9. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    if no one has noticed i make it a point to thank the people that make me luagh..... so thank you merlin

10. No worries. Thats just me. There is always a joke to be had (yes that does get me in trouble sometimes).

Crazy AUSSIE'S!!!

:D:D

Merls