1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"THE" CallowHill Club..........Official, Registered and Documented (pt.4)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Beepo

Beepo

Sep 23, 2008
    Oslo, Norway
    IMG_0064.JPG

jmattis, emjazz, cubanbass and 4 others like this.
  2. Pavlik Tolstoy

Pavlik Tolstoy

Jun 9, 2017
    Don't U sell that?

Thom Smith likes this.
  3. Matt O’Donnell

Matt O’Donnell Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Sheeeeeeeeeeet. Until I saw that, it had been forever since I even winced about the uncertain future of my OBS6 order. So sexy.

Thom Smith likes this.
  4. Any news regarding unfinished/paid for basses?

Thom Smith likes this.
  5. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Haven’t heard anything for several months....I’ll double check, though.

Thom Smith likes this.
  6. Thom Smith

Thom Smith Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I am still hopeful. But I still check eBay and Reverb to make sure no one tries to sell mine. They might think it is not paid for! It was paid in full, just never delivered.

7. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Paid in full here, haven't heard anything.

Thom Smith likes this.
  8. Thom Smith

Apr 12, 2017
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I do not think we will hear anything. We need somebody on the ground as our representative to physically visit the shop and take inventory. Moreover, I am sure most of us have sent detailed emails or messages that have gone unanswered. CallowHill is incorporated, so the company does have a responsibility to its customers.

soong and Adam Wright like this.
  9. sandman

sandman

Apr 13, 2004
    Melbourne
    Mang, I was living in Sydney for a year and a half, but now it's Melbourne, so even closer to you. PM me with some current details if you like. I take it still no word on your stuff....

10. Thom Smith

Apr 12, 2017
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Just sending another message in a bottle ...

Is there any contact info for what was once CallowHill? Right now I would even be happy to see my bass for sale on Reverb or eBay ... or even TB. At least that way, I could claim it!

11. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    Rayjay and Mr. Majestic like this.
  12. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Wow Wes. Sorry to hear this. I loved this bass from when Tim first showed it and followed a lot of the clips with you and Lettieri. This bass is a weapon. Hoping it will go to a good owner.

wes stephenson likes this.
  13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Man, sorry to hear your selling it. It was great to get an oppty to check it out and hear you play it in Atlanta a year and a half back.

wes stephenson likes this.
  14. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    Thanks guys. Not too happy about having to sell it but such is life, I guess...

15. brogandutcher

brogandutcher Commercial User

Apr 26, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mr. Majestic likes this.
  16. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I am glad that the bass seems to have made its way into good hands after Tim's passing and that it was finished. It's a lovely looking instrument.

17. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    I’m guessing none of us are gonna see our basses or money right?

Mr. Majestic and philbio77 like this.
  18. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    GHS Strings
    You’re probably going to have to let it go. If there was like a go fund me to help pay back the guys that could prove they’ve were left hanging by Tim’s death..I’d throw in $10.

Mr. Majestic likes this.
  19. Emre Hanli

Emre Hanli

Aug 22, 2009
    Isn't there some sort of an insurance for this kind of a scenario?

20. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I obviously can't speak for the Cloonan family, @brogandutcher, other makers, or anyone who had a bass on order (I did not), but the Junk 4-string in this ad was mentioned as having been started by Tim and finished by another shop/luthier: For Sale - Callowhill J(unk) 4 string

If there are partially completed basses that can be definitely assigned to a buyer, perhaps they can be picked up by that buyer and taken to a shop of their choice (I imagine at the buyer's expense) for finishing. If they weren't started or couldn't be assigned then I imagine that, given the nature of the operation and the suddenness of Tim's passing that, as Adam said, folks might, realistically, have to let it go. Perhaps there is a family friend or a business associate of Tim's who could help sort these things out, perhaps not.

I am not trying to stir the pot or to preclude the possibility of some sort of resolution for folks, just trying to hold out the small possibilities for hope on that front that I see.

Sorry for those left hanging and condolences to the family, as before.

Thom Smith and Mr. Majestic like this.