the Cheese Nazi

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jeff_bass28, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

No, actually these dishes are quite different from anything you would get in India or its neighbours - so Balti has a sauce that is unique to that dish and there is no similar dish anywhere else...! :)

Britain's Multiculturalism has seen many innovations!

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    So has the rest of the world! Welcome! It's called globalization!

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

But I'm not trying to stereotype England as a place where there is no good food - that was your responsibilty!! ;)

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I would've gone with the dental hygeine stereotype before food...

:smug:

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Boise, ID, USA
    Hey, when I was there, I had some pretty good sandwiches and quiche!

(...neither of which are native to Great Britain... go figure :D )

Getting back to cheese... I'll take some delicious casero or panela (two Mexican cheese varieties) over Kraft American Cheese Singles any day of the week. You can blame my parents for introducing me to real cheeses like these, and Swiss, Feta, Mozarella...

...:scowl:... I think I tasted vomit when I said "Kraft"...

:hurl:

6. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Sandwich? Not native to Great Britain?

It's English - name derived from John Montagu, Fourth Earl of Sandwich, who is credited with its "invention". Sandwich is a town in Kent.

7. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

You missed my joke, Bruce. I wasn't a good joke, but a joke none the less.

Lymeswold production was ceased in 1992(I checked wikipedia after you first posted about lymeswold). Therefore, as it is no longer made or consumed(unless there is some 14 year old vintage, which I doubt in this case). I was comparing it to the dead language of latin.

Lymewold is to cheese as Latin is to language.

The joke is even worse after explaining it. :(

8. yep ;)

9. Man, I'd pay anything to be the Earl of Sandwich. That is the coolest title ever.

10. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    When I worked at KFC for about 6 months I dubbed myself the Sandwich King!!!

11. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    That doesn't sound so prestigeous considering your main product is fried chicken.

I was just a lowly sandwhich artist back when I worked at Subway......your majesty...

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The sad part is I really agree with Bruce on most counts.

Like tube amps: Fender and Marshall. American, and British. They decend from one or the other, no matter where they're made.

I need a fridge dedicated to cheese. Unfortunately, there ain't enough room with all the beer, and cheese hardly gets priority on a college campus.

13. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I started working there when they came out with those sandwiches deals about 6 years ago. That was my only duty, making those new confangled sandwiches.

You can also tell I'm a king because I don't have $#!+ all over me.

14. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    God bless the Danish! I had some delicious Havarti cheese last night. It says "Product Of Denmark" right on the label.
    How do you say "Yummy" in Danish?

15. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Damn, I would have wrapped up the cheese and wished him fun at his klan rally.

16. Ok, I am now officially the Earl of Sandwich. Bow in my presence b!tches!

17. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Boise, ID, USA
    Yes, the name is native to England, but the product has existed for far longer.

At least, variations have...

...but I'm still right about quiche! :p

18. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Here you go. As American as processed food Apple Pie product.

Note the "No need to refrigerate" label on the top. :D

19. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005

I'm sure there can be a pun hidden in there somewhere.....something about sliced cheese and cutting maybe?

20. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    My fiance loves that damned stuff, I can't figure it out, but she loves it. Easy cheese and triscuts, I pray its moslty just nostalgia.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021