Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Christmas Dog

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Turski, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Every year we get our dog a stocking and fill it will all kinds of dog stuff so he has something to open on x-mas. For the last half hour or so, he's been sitting in front of the tree crying up a storm. I couldn't help myself, I had to take a picture of him. His eyes are brighter than any of the lights on the tree.

You can see his stocking up in front. He's such a baby!!!!
    [​IMG]

I can't help but love the whinny bastid. He's too damn cute! :D

2. Must... obey... dog...

:p

3. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Must...get...treat...

4. Bassmanbob

But seriously. Cool dog. There's nothing like a dog. I mean a real dog, not one of those barking rats. :spit:

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

Thanks! The only problem with a dog his size is he takes up most of the bed. Luckly for me he sleeps on the wife's side of the bed. I must have kicked him off too many times. :ninja:

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Awesome dog and awesome owner.

:)

7. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Your dog rules. All my dog does is beg for pizza.

8. We've been getting the dog a bunch of new toys for x-mas, Last year we wrapped them up so he could tear them open... Played with the wrapping more than the toy! :rolleyes: :D

COol dog. =)
    I'm now going to sneak out while mine is all cute and snug sleeping.. *tip toes* no walkies just now.

9. Cool dog, Joe!

Pit Bulls are the greatest. I had the pleasure of having one as a pet for 13 years and she was the best dog I've ever encountered. None more loving or gentle than she was. It's still hard to be without her. It's so hard to let a pet go.

Enjoy yours every day you have it!

10. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Bernie,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I only wish dogs could live as long as we humans do. There's not a day that goes by where I don't look at him and go, "Man, I love that dog!" I'm going to be a slobbering mess when we lose him. :bawl:

His mother was pure bred boxer, and father was pure bred pitbull. His father had a nasty mean streak in him and had to get put down shortly after my dog was born. He hated cats......I mean REALLY hated cats. He broke through someones door and ate their cat right in front of them. I can only imagine what those people were thinking. :eek:

We also have a cat, but they were raised together and they get along like brother & sister. Every so often they fight, but nothing major. 98% of the time the cat wins.

He's a big baby. He's only bit one person. To be fair, he didn't mean to do it. My buddy was getting ready to throw a toy, my dog got to excited and jumped up to get it from his hand and bit his thumb. The good thing about him is he's very intimidating. I know for a fact that he wouldn't let anyone break into our house. Trust me, I tried. He wouldn't let me throught the window. (Locked myself out, long story)

How do you know my wife? :ninja: ;)

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but as a cat owner, I can tell you precisely what I'd have been thinking:

"Gee, that's a very dead dog (I keep a 9mm handy)...and when I find the owner, he can walk it." :mad:

(No, I wouldn't have actually SHOT the owner as well, however, I would have WANTED to.)

Yeah, back in the day when I had my dog, he was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi - great dog, I had a sizeable cat that he'd grown up with, they were literally like litter-mates. The cat would ATTACK the dog when he was not paying attention and kick his @$$ (in a playful way, of course). This was a daily occurance until the dog became too ill (lymphosarcoma) to play along. Then the cat would just love on that dog, grooming him, curling up with him and comforting him. When the dog finally passed, the cat cried for 2 weeks, kept looking for him everywhere. Just remembering it makes me tear up, ten years later. :bawl:

We aren't the only ones that miss our pets when they go.

12. Bassmanbob

That's exactly us. My wife says that she sleeps in a box. It's my bed, and I'm going to be comfortable. The dogs can have the rest of the house. We have two Labrador Retreivers, and both are about to get their bathes. Our male who is about 85 lbs. gets chased by the local cats. I yell at him that the other dogs on the block make fun of him. He's just a lovable goof ball.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We got my dog a fleece jacket from Old Navy. She was really kinda needing something anyway since she outgrew her old sweater and boxers are not very resistant to cold.

brad cook

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

How could I take that the wrong way? If a dog ever broke through my door to eat my cat, I'd be a little pissed off to say the least. I don't think I'd shoot him, but he would be put down one way or another.

15. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    When do you plan on taking your boxer north? We have 2 short-hair miniature dachshunds. While they don't like being out in the cold/snow, they can stand it long enough for a good walk.

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    She stays outside during the day while we're at work. Boxers are known for poor resistance to weather extremes. It does get down into the teens here sometimes. Some days if it's in the low 30's or so we'll put her sweater on and then when it warms up later in the day she'll take it off.

brad cook

17. DUDE! I GOTTA get my dog fitted with SIMS LEDs! :D :bassist:

18. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

This one should probably be called 'Too Much Xmas'.

19. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    A dog w/laser eyes....

I like it.

But I guess I like all dogs, good, bad, or ugly

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member